HerbsForever is proud to carry on the tradition of our founders since 1932. We are a team of herbalists, biochemists, pharmacists and microbiologists to bring you safe and high quality traditional Ayurvedic products.
Factors to consider
Wild crafted herbs from their natural habitat without the use of chemical fertilizers, pesticides or preservatives.
Our naturally grown wild crafted herbs come from their natural habitat. Aborigin also plays its role in the efficacy of the herb. The properties of herb may differ from region to region. Herbsforever makes every effort to collect the herbs from their aborigins . Natural habitat plays a key role in the potency of herbs, which is why we use wild crafted herbs, as opposed cultivated ones. Every herb is collected from its natural habitat as Naturally grown herbs are assumed to be more potent.
Proper harvest time for higher potency is another key factor .
We highly advocate the harvesting of herbs at the most appropriate time of ripening. No immature plants , no over riped plants are selected. Herbs at their youth possess the maximum potency and we try our best to procure the herbs at that particular time period. There are guidelines for collection of different herbs at different times and there is a particular span of time for collecting herbs.
Using purified water: Water used also stands out as a major role player . Water is processed under DM plant, RO plant then converted into steam. That steam water is used in the processing of herbs to avoid any chance of heavy metal contamination.
Products as per Ayurvedic Standards : Herbs are powdered in their original form without extracting any oil or any of the active phyto-ingredient . Herb like turmeric,neem seeds babchi , yellow shatavari (from Nepal)has oil inside. We grind with the oil instead of extracting the oil because oil has also unique properties. This makes processing lengthy and involve lot of labour. But potency and full spectrum of the herb paysoff its price to user.
Further, the powdered herb undergoes wet triturition process – called BHAVANA in Ayurveda, which means the powdered herb is mixed with the fresh juice of the same herb so that powder made from these quality herbs are potent, effective and result oriented.
The trituration accentuates hidden medicinal properties of the herb and to ensure that the herb, as soon as administered, is absorbed quickly at the cell level. Subtlety should be the quality by virtue of which a product can penetrate into the smallest capillary and channels of the biological system.
Some herbs cannot undergo this bhavna process - such as Vidarikandkand, Shatavari yellow,Lajwant (Mimosa pudic)] because they have mucilagenous properties and only the defined parts are used. In such cases, we like to combine different varieties of same herb to obtain maximum potency. Also each variety has some additional benefits to offer . For example , Tulsi has many varieties like Krishna or shyama Tulsi , Rama Tulsi, Vana Tulsi best way to use all varities of tulsi. This way it helps to provide maximum benefits of the same herb and also accounts for the full spectrum of the the plant family.
In certain herbs almost all parts of the plants are usable likewise in neem all the parts namely;stem, leaves, seeds & bark are known to be of utmost importance . In this case main part of the herb is powdered and rest of the parts are boiled in water to extract all the beneficial properties of those parts and this extracted liquid is used in the shape of bhavna . It is added to the main herb powder to get full spectrum of the herb. Why this is done? According to Ayurveda certain plants own acting and counteracting properties simultaneously. Some plants may have side effects, but also in other parts healing benefits to counteract. So various parts of the plant are used to balance the outcome & obtain full spectrum.
Certains herbs have different varieties . We at Herbsforever expanded our outlook and went further to know difference of the varieties. And the price that we pay for the difference certainly carries value in terms of escalated phytochemicals and antioxidant properties
Note: Color, Taste, Aroma of the product may change from batch to batch.
GMP & ISO Certified Manufacturing Facility.
PRIMARY BENEFITS AS PER AYURVEDA
- A Female tonic for the healthy reproductive system.
- A herb of choice for female health.
- Has some natural diuretic, cooling, aphrodisiac property.
- May be helpful and useful in all discomfort conditions.
- It improves digestion and assimilation.
- A healthy tonic for females.
- Improves complexion of the body.
- Regular use of Ashoka Powder makes a female healthy and energetic.
OTHER BENEFITS AS PER AYURVEDA
- Ashoka is useful in discomfort conditions.
- It may improve digestion and assimilation.
- Ashoka may improve complexion of the body.
- May help to detoxify blood impurities.
As per Ayurveda
Common Name: Ashoka
Sanskrit Name: Ashoka
Latin Name: Saraca Asoca
Other Names: Saracaka Indica, Asoka Tree, Ashoka Tree.
Ashoka (Saraca Indica) Bark Powder: Tonic for the female reproductive system.
Rasa (Taste): Astringent, Bitter
Guna (Characteristics): Light, Rough
Veerya (Potency): Cool and Calm
Veepaka (Post Digestive Effect): Pungent
Effect of Tridoshas (Three humors alleviator - Vatta (Air), Pitta (Fire) and Kapha (Water): Ashoka pacifies Pitta (Fire) and Kapha (Water) i.e. it is useful in the management of all problems resulting from the aggravation of Pitta (Fire) and Kapha (Water).
Chemical Composition::Ascorbic acid, catechin, flavonoids, lignin glycosides, β-sitosterol and its glucosidic form, polyphenolics such as gallic acid
Best Source: Central and eastern Himalayas, in scattered locations of the northern plains of India as well as on the west coast of the subcontinent near Mumbai.
The powder of Ashoka contains estrogenic compound ketosteril which may be helpful support in healthy cycle and support uterus health. It helps to check internal and external outgrowths of the body.
High quality powder of wild crafted herb from its natural habitat. Free from gluten, soya, dairy, binder, preservatives or artificial colors.
DIRECTION FOR USE
Take 5 Gms (half to one teaspoon) 2 times a day Ashoka Powder with water 1-2 hrs after meals. Take first dose after breakfast.
Decoction: Boil 5 Gms (1-2 teaspoon) of Ashoka in 120 ml water & make as a tea. Strain the water when it remains 30 ml and drink it (if you are using Ashoka by itself). If you are mixing with other herbs, use Ashoka proportionately or consult your healthcare provider.
How to use Ashoka Powder:
- The decoction made from Ashoka Powder may be used in emotional outbursts.
- The Powder of Ashoka may help in abdominal discomfort and also in de-worming.
- It may be applied as a paste on cut wounds.
- Boil the Ashoka Powder with cow’s milk add sugar in it. Take this milk for 3 months. It supports gynecological health.
- Boil the powder in water and prepare a decoction. Take this decoction early morning empty stomach.
- You can also boil the powder while mixing water and cow’s milk. Boil this till the water evaporates. After that add sugar to taste and take once in a day regularly.
- Mix equal quantity of Ashoka Powder and Mishri well, take ½ teaspoon in morning ½ teaspoon in evening female health.
- Grind mustard with the decoction of the Ashoka Powder and dry it in shade. Apply it on your face to turn your facial shiny and glinting with glow.
In case of Pimples Take 100 gram of powder and boil it in 2 glass of water. Take it off when left 1cup. Mix ½ cup of mustard oil into it. Keep it for cooling. Apply regularly to have a shiny and clear face
Food to favour: Light diet, Rice, green gram soup, Bitter gourd, bottle gourd, Green leafy vegetables, carrots, fresh fruits [Amla, Orange, Apple, Papaya, Grapes], Light moong dal, Cucumber, food rich in bitter and pungent taste are recommended.
Food to Avoid: Fried food, vegetables Lady finger, Coco asia, Cesculent root,tomato, Massoor Dal, Ice creams, Chips, Cookies, Junk food, Sweet food, Excess salty or sour food.
- Take less amount of salt.
- Drink plenty of water.
- Maintain proper hygiene.
- Take Triphala powder or Amla daily to maintain morning regularity
- Avoid taking excess sugar.
- Avoid for long exposure to sun.
- Use of cosmetics should be limited.
- Avoid excess sea food or non vegetarian food.
- Nutritional diet
- Morning walk
- Peaceful mind
- Positive thinking
Pregnant/Lactating women, children or any with Known pre-existing condition should take under the advice of health care provider. Keep away from the reach of children.
- Wild Crafted
- The micronized powder of the herb is potentiated with decoction (bhavna) of the same herb.
- 2X-Optimum Potency-Full Spectrum
- Unflavored, Top quality-control standards in the industry
- Used historically by natural healers and many herbalists
- Non Synthetic
- Natural solution
- Cruelty free
- Checked for Heavy metal standards
- Sustainable sourcing and fairly traded herbs
- 100% Pure
- Direct from the manufacturer
- Authentic, A-Grade Quality, Sourced from its natural habitat
- Committed for the highest quality Ayurvedic products
- Non-GMO, Gluten-Free
- No filler, No binder, No preservatives
- Climate control environment storage
- Quality and quantity as per the Ayurvedic classical references.
Color, Taste, Aroma of the product may change from batch to batch.
Reference Classical or Govt. Approved Books:
- Bhavapraksha Nighantu
- Dhanwntri Nighantu
- Dravyaguna Vigana
- Ayurvedic Pharmacopoeia of India
- Verma, A., Jana, G. K., Chakraborty, R., Sen, S., Sachan, S. and Mishra, A., Analgesic activity of various leaf extracts of Saraca indica Linn. Der Pharm. Let., 2010, 2, 352–357. 57.
- Kapoor, L. D., Handbook of Ayurvedic Medicinal Plants, 2001, 1st edn, p. 298.
Other Uncommon Names of This Herb: Sokanasa, Karnapurakah, Visoka, Raktaka, Ragi, Citra, Sadpadamanjari, Tamrapallavah, Kankeli, Pindapuspa, Gandhapuspa, Gandhapushpa, Nata, Asokah, Sokanasah, Vanjuladruma, Madhupuspa, Apasoka, Kelika, Ramavamanghrighataka, Pallavadru, Raktapallavaka, Citra, Vicitrah, Karnapurakah, Subhagah, Smaradhivasa, Dosahari, Prapallava, Ragitaru, Hemapuspa, Vanjula, Vanjulam, Sorrowless Tree.
This herb has been approved by department of Ayush/ Government of India after the proper screening of
scientific evidences as well as classical reference by the GOVT REGULATORY BOARD COMMITTEE.
GMP & ISO Certified Manufacturing Facility: Laboratory tested for quality purity and heavy metal standards.
**These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any Disease.