HerbsForever is proud to carry on the tradition of our founders since 1932. We are a team of herbalists, biochemists, pharmacists and microbiologists to bring you safe and high quality traditional Ayurvedic products.
Factors to consider
Wild crafted herbs from their natural habitat without the use of chemical fertilizers, pesticides or preservatives.
Our naturally grown wild crafted herbs come from their natural habitat. Aborigin also plays its role in the efficacy of the herb. The properties of herb may differ from region to region. Herbsforever makes every effort to collect the herbs from their aborigins . Natural habitat plays a key role in the potency of herbs, which is why we use wild crafted herbs, as opposed cultivated ones. Every herb is collected from its natural habitat as Naturally grown herbs are assumed to be more potent.
Proper harvest time for higher potency is another key factor .
We highly advocate the harvesting of herbs at the most appropriate time of ripening. No immature plants , no over riped plants are selected. Herbs at their youth possess the maximum potency and we try our best to procure the herbs at that particular time period. There are guidelines for collection of different herbs at different times and there is a particular span of time for collecting herbs.
Using purified water: Water used also stands out as a major role player . Water is processed under DM plant, RO plant then converted into steam. That steam water is used in the processing of herbs to avoid any chance of heavy metal contamination.
Products as per Ayurvedic Standards : Herbs are powdered in their original form without extracting any oil or any of the active phyto-ingredient . Herb like turmeric,neem seeds babchi , yellow shatavari (from Nepal)has oil inside. We grind with the oil instead of extracting the oil because oil has also unique properties. This makes processing lengthy and involve lot of labour. But potency and full spectrum of the herb paysoff its price to user.
Further, the powdered herb undergoes wet triturition process – called BHAVANA in Ayurveda, which means the powdered herb is mixed with the fresh juice of the same herb so that powder made from these quality herbs are potent, effective and result oriented.
The trituration accentuates hidden medicinal properties of the herb and to ensure that the herb, as soon as administered, is absorbed quickly at the cell level. Subtlety should be the quality by virtue of which a product can penetrate into the smallest capillary and channels of the biological system.
Some herbs cannot undergo this bhavna process - such as Vidarikandkand, Shatavari yellow,Lajwant (Mimosa pudic)] because they have mucilagenous properties and only the defined parts are used. In such cases, we like to combine different varieties of same herb to obtain maximum potency. Also each variety has some additional benefits to offer . For example , Tulsi has many varieties like Krishna or shyama Tulsi , Rama Tulsi, Vana Tulsi best way to use all varities of tulsi. This way it helps to provide maximum benefits of the same herb and also accounts for the full spectrum of the the plant family.
In certain herbs almost all parts of the plants are usable likewise in neem all the parts namely;stem, leaves, seeds & bark are known to be of utmost importance . In this case main part of the herb is powdered and rest of the parts are boiled in water to extract all the beneficial properties of those parts and this extracted liquid is used in the shape of bhavna . It is added to the main herb powder to get full spectrum of the herb. Why this is done? According to Ayurveda certain plants own acting and counteracting properties simultaneously. Some plants may have side effects, but also in other parts healing benefits to counteract. So various parts of the plant are used to balance the outcome & obtain full spectrum.
Certains herbs have different varieties . We at Herbsforever expanded our outlook and went further to know difference of the varieties. And the price that we pay for the difference certainly carries value in terms of escalated phytochemicals and antioxidant properties
Note: Color, Taste, Aroma of the product may change from batch to batch.
GMP and USDA Certified Organic Manufacturing Facility.
PRIMARY BENEFITS AS PER AYURVEDA
- Ashwagandha Powder acts as a Dietary Support
- Ashwagandha Powder supports body's energy, vitality and strength.
- Nourishes both mind and body.
- Helps to fight against daily life stresses and helps to enhance spiritual conscientiousness for healthy mind and body.
- It supports body and mind in combating daily life stress and enhances work performance.
- It may be used for general overall energy,
- Helps to support healthy sleep pattern.
OTHER BENEFITS AS PER AYURVEDA
- It may act as a tonic to nervous, reproductive, respiratory and immune system.
- It is aphrodisiac, astringent, and rejuvenative in nature.
- Helps to promote comforts in joint and muscles and tissue health.
As per Ayurveda
Family Name: Solanaceae
Other Name: Winter Cherry
Rasa (Taste): Bitter, Pungent, Sweet
Guna (Characteristics): Light
Veerya (Potency): Warm
Vipaka (Post Digestive Effect): Sweet
Chemical Composition: Withanolides, Withaferins, Alkaloids,Somniferine, Tropeltigloate, Somniferinine, Somninine, Nicotine, Visamine, Withasomine(Anaferine, Anahygrine, Cuscohygrine), Iso Pelletierine, and others (Acyl Steryl Glycosides, Sitoindosides).
Best Source: Madhyapradesh and Himalaya region up to 5000 ft height
According to Ayurveda
Ashwagandha may act as a tonic to reproductive, respiratory and immune systems.
Ashwagandha is called Rasayana, which means powerful rejuvenator in Ayurvedic terminology. It is a vital herb in Ayurveda. It is a beautiful delicate plant. Ashwagandha is named such because it smells like the smell of horse urine. It vitalizes the body to provide strength just like that of a horse.
Ashwagandha supports the body's ability to maintain physical effort and helps the body to adapt to the various types of daily life regular stresses. It helps to maintain proper nourishment of the tissues particularly muscles and bones while supporting the proper function of the adrenals and reproductive system. According to Ayurvedic system Ashwagandha is the herb for balancing vata (air) in the body. Vata (air) governs all movements in the body including the movement of the nerve impulses throughout the nervous system. Ashwagandha helps to maintain tissues health throughout the body, clears the mind, strengthens the nerves and helps to maintain healthy sleeping pattern.
High quality powder of wild crafted herb from its natural habitat. Free from gluten, soya, dairy, binder, preservatives or artificial colors.
DIRECTION FOR USE
Take 5 Gms (half to one teaspoon) 2 times a day Ashwagandha Powder with water or lukewarm milk 1-2 hrs after meals. Take first dose after breakfast. If you are mixed with other herbs, use Ashwagandha proportionately or consult your healthcare provider.
Best Use With:
- For Male Health: Take Ashwagandha powder and sugar in a dose of 3.5 gram each with lukewarm cow milk regularly.
- In Old Age- Mix Ashwagandha Powder, sugar candy and honey each 1 gram and 10 gram cow ghee. Take it every morning with milk. It strengthens the body and may bring back youthfulness by checking and maintaining healthy aging process.
- Add Ashwagandha Powder and sugar in equal quantity. Take 4 gram with honey helpful to detoxify blood impurities.
- In Vata Doshas (air vitiation): Mix Ashwagandha powder, Gokhru (Tribulus) powder in equal quantities and store in a glass container. Take 12 gram of this powder twice a day with hot milk regularly for 4 months. It helps in vata (air) doshas problems and rejuvenates the body.
- Take Ashwagandha powder and Amla powder every day. It may gradually maintain healthy aging process.
- Take Ashwagandha powder and Ghee mix well. Take it with hot milk regularly for one month and this may help to maintain healthy male count which is already in healthy state.
- Make decoction with Ashwagandha powder, vidarikand (Ipomoea Digitata), Mulethi (licorice) in equal proportions and take 5gms of this mixture with milk to support healthy Breast milk of lactating mothers.
Food to favour: Seasonal fruits [Mango, papaya, apple, grapes, orange, apricots], vegetables [carrot, peas, broccoli, pumpkin, parmal, cabbage, potato, tomato], chicken, milk, eggs, cheese, oats, nuts [almonds, cashew nut, walnuts, raisins] should recommended.
Food to Avoid: Fried food, heavy food that take too much time for digestion, junk food, soft drinks, ice creams, chips, cookies, cakes, pastries, food rich in bitter, pungent and sour taste, excessive tea or coffee should avoided.
- Stay hydrated with plenty of water.
- Regular exercise should be done.
- Take cow’s milk at night daily.
- Enjoy life with music, playing or watching television.
- Limit the use of caffeine or smoking.
- Avoid alcohol consumption.
- Avoid unnecessary stress, anger, fear or worries.
- Nutritional diet
- Morning walk
- Peaceful mind
- Restful sleep
Pregnant/Lactating women, children or any with Known pre-existing condition should take under the advice of health care provider. Keep away from the reach of children.
- Raw herb powder, Sun shadow dried with greenhouse technology.
- Powder contains all the properties of the herbs we do not do any extraction any ingredients from the raw herb nor any oil.
- Herbs are washed in cold water to keep the full potency/ retain properties of herbs which might get lost some in water flow.
- Wild Crafted
- 2X-Optimum Potency-Full Spectrum
- Unflavored, Top quality-control standards in the industry.
- Used historically by natural healers and many herbalists
- Non Synthetic
- Natural solution
- Cruelty free
- Checked for Heavy metal standards
- Sustainable sourcing and fairly traded herbs
- 100% Pure.
- Direct from the manufacturer
- Authentic, A-Grade Quality, Sourced from its natural habitat.
- Committed for the highest quality Ayurvedic products
- Non-GMO, Gluten-Free.
- No filler, No binder, No preservatives
- Climate control environment storage
- Quality and quantity as per the Ayurvedic classical references.
Many plants and herbs have oils and volatile oils in their own natural form which is the integral part of the plant and also beneficial for efficacy and potency, so some of the powders may be sticky or oily due to oil content present in them because we at herbsforever do not extract any oil from the plant or do any extraction. Also we at herbsforever do not add any additive or drying agent.
Color, Taste, Aroma of the product may change from batch to batch.
Reference Classical or Govt. Approved Books:
Pharmacological activity of Withania Somnifera by Sunita Verma WJPR Vol 5, Issue 4, 2016.
Biological activities of Withania somnifera by G. Singh et al Annals of Biological Research, 1 (3): 56-63, 2010.
Other Uncommon Names of This Herb: Ajagandha, Amangura, Asoda, Asuntha, Asgandh, Punir , Amukkuram, Achuvagandi, Amikkira-gadday, Amkulang-kalang, Amukkara-kizhangu, Amukran-kizhangu, Asundha, Hayahvaya, Hirre-gadday, Hirimaddina-gadday, Peneeroo-gadda, Sogade-beru, Prevette, Ajagandha, Samm Al Ferakh, Kanaje, Indian Ginseng, Indian Winter Cherry, Clustered Winter Cherry, Kuthmithi, Orovale, Payette, Physalis Somnifera, Turangi-Gandha, Vajigandha.
NOTE: This herb has been approved by department of Ayush/ Government of India after the proper screening of scientific evidences as well as classical reference of each ingredient by the GOVT REGULATORY BOARD COMMITTEE.
GMP and USDA Certified Organic Manufacturing Facility: Laboratory tested for quality purity and heavy metal standards.
**These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any Disease.