HerbsForever is proud to carry on the tradition of our
founders since 1932. We are a team of herbalists, biochemists,
pharmacists and microbiologists to bring you safe and high quality
traditional Ayurvedic products.
Factors to consider
Wild crafted herbs from their natural habitat without the use of chemical fertilizers, pesticides or preservatives.
Our naturally grown wild crafted herbs come from their natural
habitat. Aborigin also plays its role in the efficacy of the herb. The
properties of herb may differ from region to region. Herbsforever makes
every effort to collect the herbs from their aborigins . Natural
habitat plays a key role in the potency of herbs, which is why we use
wild crafted herbs, as opposed cultivated ones. Every herb is collected
from its natural habitat as Naturally grown herbs are assumed to be more
Proper harvest time for higher potency is another key factor .
We highly advocate the harvesting of herbs at the most appropriate
time of ripening. No immature plants , no over riped plants are
selected. Herbs at their youth possess the maximum potency and we try
our best to procure the herbs at that particular time period. There are
guidelines for collection of different herbs at different times and
there is a particular span of time for collecting herbs.
Using purified water: Water used also stands out as a major role player . Water
is processed under DM plant, RO plant then converted into steam. That
steam water is used in the processing of herbs to avoid any chance of
heavy metal contamination.
Products as per Ayurvedic Standards : Herbs
are powdered in their original form without extracting any oil or any
of the active phyto-ingredient . Herb like turmeric,neem seeds babchi ,
yellow shatavari (from Nepal)has oil inside. We grind with the oil
instead of extracting the oil because oil has also unique properties.
This makes processing lengthy and involve lot of labour. But potency and
full spectrum of the herb paysoff its price to user.
Further, the powdered herb undergoes wet triturition process –
called BHAVANA in Ayurveda, which means the powdered herb is mixed with
the fresh juice of the same herb so that powder made from these quality
herbs are potent, effective and result oriented.
The trituration accentuates hidden medicinal properties of the herb
and to ensure that the herb, as soon as administered, is absorbed
quickly at the cell level. Subtlety should be the quality by virtue of
which a product can penetrate into the smallest capillary and channels
of the biological system.
Some herbs cannot undergo this bhavna process - such as
Vidarikandkand, Shatavari yellow,Lajwant (Mimosa pudic)] because they
have mucilagenous properties and only the defined parts are used. In
such cases, we like to combine different varieties of same herb to
obtain maximum potency. Also each variety has some additional benefits
to offer . For example , Tulsi has many varieties like Krishna or
shyama Tulsi , Rama Tulsi, Vana Tulsi best way to use all varities of
tulsi. This way it helps to provide maximum benefits of the same herb
and also accounts for the full spectrum of the the plant family.
In certain herbs almost all parts of the plants are usable likewise
in neem all the parts namely;stem, leaves, seeds & bark are known
to be of utmost importance . In this case main part of the herb is
powdered and rest of the parts are boiled in water to extract all the
beneficial properties of those parts and this extracted liquid is used
in the shape of bhavna . It is added to the main herb powder to get
full spectrum of the herb. Why this is done? According to Ayurveda
certain plants own acting and counteracting properties simultaneously.
Some plants may have side effects, but also in other parts healing
benefits to counteract. So various parts of the plant are used to
balance the outcome & obtain full spectrum.
Certains herbs have different varieties . We at Herbsforever
expanded our outlook and went further to know difference of the
varieties. And the price that we pay for the difference certainly
carries value in terms of escalated phytochemicals and antioxidant
Note: Color, Taste, Aroma of the product may change from batch to batch.
GMP and USDA Certified Organic Manufacturing Facility.
PRIMARY BENEFITS AS PER AYURVEDA
- Kantakari Powder acts as a Dietary Support.
- Supports respiratory system.
- It soothes throat (gargles) and supports singer’s voice.
- Supports heart and blood circulation.
- Support normal fluid level of body which are already in normal healthy state.
OTHER BENEFITS AS PER AYURVEDA
- It helps in healthy urination.
- Helps in healthy female cycle.
- It aids digestive fire and passing the air (vata) from stomach.
- It supports healthy muscles and joint movements.
- The root is also helpful for maintaining the normal body temperature which is already within normal healthy state.
As per Ayurveda
Family Name: Solanaceae
Rasa (Taste): Bitter, Pungent
Guna (Characteristics): Light
Virya (Potency): Warm
Vipaka (Post Digestive Effect): Pungent
Effect on Doshas (Humor): Kantakari pacifies Vata (Air) and Kapha (Water), Doshas.
Alkaloids, sterols, saponins and flavonoids and their glycosides and especially it has high concentration of solasodine
Best Source: Uttar Pradesh, Bihar,Uttaranchal,Punjab,West Bengal, Assam and other North Eastern States.
High quality powder of wild crafted herb from its natural habitat. Free from gluten, soya, dairy, binder, preservatives or artificial colors.
It supports respiratory system. It soothes throat and support singer’s voice. It supports heart for proper blood circulation. The root of this is also helpful for healthy urination. Kantkari is warming and stimulating herb.
DIRECTION FOR USE
Serving Size: Take 5 Gms (One-third to half teaspoon) 2 times a day Kantakari Powder with water 1 - 2 hrs after meals. Take first dose after breakfast. If you are mixing with other herbs, use Kantakari proportionately or consult your healthcare provider you practitioner or consult your healthcare provider.
Decoction: Take 1-3 gms (1/3 - 1/2 teaspoon-one time dose) Kantakari Powder and add it to 100 ml water. Boil it on medium heat. When it becomes 25 ml, sieve it and drink it after meals. Take this 2 times a day.
Best Use With
- For Maintaining the Normal Body Temperature: Take decoction of Kantakari Powder and "Gokshura".
- For Healthy Function of Stomach: take decoction of Kantakari Powder with "Bala Powder", "Punarnava Powder", "Gokshura Powder". Also add Hing and "Rock Salt" in it.
- Throat support: Take decoction of Kantakari and "Haritaki Powder" and Honey
- For Healthy Urination: Decoction of Kantakari with honey is effective in healthy urination.
- For supporting singer’s voice: Make the decoction of Kantakari Powder and filter it. Use this as gargles.
- For Healthy Joints: Make the decoction of Kantakari Powder and add pinch of Black Pepper Powder in it. Take this decoction it helps in joints.
Food to favour: Lukewarm water, ginger, garlic, onion, food rich in bitter and pungent taste, cabbage, cauliflower, broccoli, kale, pomegranate, apple, beans, carrot, pumpkin, red bell pepper, radish, melon, sweet potato, brown rice, oatmeal, popcorns, soup of black grams and Turmeric should recommended.
Food to Avoid: Milk, cheese, yogurt, ice cream, cookies, pastries, sweets, candies, junk food, banana, citrus fruits, fried food, beer, wine, juices, pickles, shellfish, nuts, yeast, caffeine and potatoes should avoid.
- Try to cover your mouth when you are going out to your home.
- Get regular exercise.
- Take lukewarm water.
- Warm bath should also be preferred.
- Try to take fresh prepared food.
- Avoid using perfumes, deodorants and room fresheners.
- Avoid smoking and tobacco chewing.
- Avoid eating heavy meals and sour spices.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
- Sudden exposure to cold should also be avoided.
- Nutritional diet
- Morning walk
- Positive thinking
- Peaceful mind
- Restful sleep
Pregnant/Lactating women, children or any with Known pre-existing condition should take under the advice of health care provider. Keep away from the reach of children.
- Wild Crafted- Full Spectrum
- 2X-Optimum Potency-Full Spectrum
- Unflavored, Top quality-control standards in the industry.
- Used historically by natural healers and many herbalists
- Non Synthetic
- Natural solution
- Cruelty free
- Checked for Heavy metal standards
- Sustainable sourcing and fairly traded herbs
- 100% Pure.
- Direct from the manufacturer
- Authentic, A-Grade Quality, Sourced from its natural habitat.
- Committed for the highest quality Ayurvedic products
- Non-GMO, Gluten-Free.
- No filler, No binder, No preservatives
- Climate control environment storage
- Quality and quantity as per the Ayurvedic classical references.
Many plants and herbs have oils and volatile oils in their own natural form which is the integral part of the plant and also beneficial for efficacy and potency, so some of the powders may be sticky or oily due to oil content present in them because we at herbsforever do not extract any oil from the plant or do any extraction. Also we at herbsforever do not add any additive or drying agent.
Color, Taste, Aroma of the product may change from batch to batch.
Reference Classical or Govt. Approved Books:
- Bhavprakesh Nighantu
- Ayurvedic Pharmacopoeia of India
- Dabur R., Singh H., Chhillar A., Aliand M., & Sharma G., (2004), “Potential of Indian medicinal plants”. Fitoterapia, 75(3-4), 389-91.
- Aberoumandl A., & Deokule S., (2008), “Comparison of Phenolic Compounds of Some Edible Plants of Iran and India”.Pakistan Journal of Nutrition, 7 (4), 582-85.
Other Uncommon Names of This Herb: Kantkari, Dusparsha, Kshudra, Chudra, Kantakarika, Kshudravyagri, Nidigdhika, Vrahali, Choti kateli, Bhatkatiya, Rengni, Bhatkatai, Bhatkatya, Jangli-baigan, Katai, Rengni, Kandiyari, Yellow-berried night shade, Kantamkattiri, Velvottuvalutina, Bhiringani, Kandan-kattiri, Kandangatri, Kantankathri, Kandangatari, Nela-mulaka, Vakudu.
NOTE: This formula has been approved by department of Ayush/ Government of India after the proper screening of scientific evidences as well as classical reference of each ingredient by the GOVT REGULATORY BOARD COMMITTEE.
GMP and USDA Certified Organic Manufacturing Facility: Laboratory tested for quality purity and heavy metal standards.
** These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any Disease.