HerbsForever is proud to carry on the tradition of our founders since 1932. We are a team of herbalists, biochemists, pharmacists and microbiologists to bring you safe and high quality traditional Ayurvedic products.
Factors to consider
Wild crafted herbs from their natural habitat without the use of chemical fertilizers, pesticides or preservatives.
Our naturally grown wild crafted herbs come from their natural habitat. Aborigin also plays its role in the efficacy of the herb. The properties of herb may differ from region to region. Herbsforever makes every effort to collect the herbs from their aborigins . Natural habitat plays a key role in the potency of herbs, which is why we use wild crafted herbs, as opposed cultivated ones. Every herb is collected from its natural habitat as Naturally grown herbs are assumed to be more potent.
Proper harvest time for higher potency is another key factor .
We highly advocate the harvesting of herbs at the most appropriate time of ripening. No immature plants , no over riped plants are selected. Herbs at their youth possess the maximum potency and we try our best to procure the herbs at that particular time period. There are guidelines for collection of different herbs at different times and there is a particular span of time for collecting herbs.
Using purified water: Water used also stands out as a major role player . Water is processed under DM plant, RO plant then converted into steam. That steam water is used in the processing of herbs to avoid any chance of heavy metal contamination.
Products as per Ayurvedic Standards : Herbs are powdered in their original form without extracting any oil or any of the active phyto-ingredient . Herb like turmeric,neem seeds babchi , yellow shatavari (from Nepal)has oil inside. We grind with the oil instead of extracting the oil because oil has also unique properties. This makes processing lengthy and involve lot of labour. But potency and full spectrum of the herb paysoff its price to user.
Further, the powdered herb undergoes wet triturition process – called BHAVANA in Ayurveda, which means the powdered herb is mixed with the fresh juice of the same herb so that powder made from these quality herbs are potent, effective and result oriented.
The trituration accentuates hidden medicinal properties of the herb and to ensure that the herb, as soon as administered, is absorbed quickly at the cell level. Subtlety should be the quality by virtue of which a product can penetrate into the smallest capillary and channels of the biological system.
Some herbs cannot undergo this bhavna process - such as Vidarikandkand, Shatavari yellow,Lajwant (Mimosa pudic)] because they have mucilagenous properties and only the defined parts are used. In such cases, we like to combine different varieties of same herb to obtain maximum potency. Also each variety has some additional benefits to offer . For example , Tulsi has many varieties like Krishna or shyama Tulsi , Rama Tulsi, Vana Tulsi best way to use all varities of tulsi. This way it helps to provide maximum benefits of the same herb and also accounts for the full spectrum of the the plant family.
In certain herbs almost all parts of the plants are usable likewise in neem all the parts namely;stem, leaves, seeds & bark are known to be of utmost importance . In this case main part of the herb is powdered and rest of the parts are boiled in water to extract all the beneficial properties of those parts and this extracted liquid is used in the shape of bhavna . It is added to the main herb powder to get full spectrum of the herb. Why this is done? According to Ayurveda certain plants own acting and counteracting properties simultaneously. Some plants may have side effects, but also in other parts healing benefits to counteract. So various parts of the plant are used to balance the outcome & obtain full spectrum.
Certains herbs have different varieties . We at Herbsforever expanded our outlook and went further to know difference of the varieties. And the price that we pay for the difference certainly carries value in terms of escalated phytochemicals and antioxidant properties
Note: Color, Taste, Aroma of the product may change from batch to batch.
GMP and USDA Certified Organic Manufacturing Facility.
PRIMARY BENEFITS AS PER AYURVEDA
- Helpful to fight with air borne pathogens due to environmental changes.
- Supports the immune system and tonic to lungs.
- Tulsi boosts immunity and metabolic functions.
- Tulsi acts as a healing balm for body, mind and spirit and has several number of health benefits.
- Tulsi contains hundreds of phytochemicals which work together.
- It possesses strong antioxidant, immune support properties.
- It also increases immunity of human being, thus promotes general health and supports body’s natural defense against foreign bodies.
OTHER BENEFITS AS PER AYURVEDA
- Supports healthy urinary system. Tulsi contains trace mineral copper needed to absorb iron.
- The Juice of the leaves of Ocimum Sanctum is useful for eye drops.
Tulsi (Ocimum Sanctum) Respiratory support.
Tulsi is also known as the Queen of the Herbs. Tulsi is also an important symbol in the Indian region and is worshipped in morning and evening.
Family Name: Lamiaceae
Botanical Name:Ocimum Sanctum
Other Names: Ocimum Basilicum, Sweet Basil, Babui Tulsi / Vana Tulsi.
Rasa: Katu (sharp), Tikta (bitter)
Virya: Ushna (hot), Vipak
Action and Uses as per Ayurveda: Tonic to digestive, nervous and respiratory system. Helps to provide soothing effect in abdominal discomfort, nasal mucus
Oleanolic acid, ursolic acid, rosmarinic acid, eugenol, carvacrol, linalool, ß-caryophyllene (about 8%),  ß-elemene (c.11.0%), and germacrene D (about 2%).
Varity: Krishna Tulsi- This variety is found in almost all regions of India
Drudriha Tulsi- This variety is found mainly in Bengal, Nepal, Chatgaon and Maharastra
Ram Tulsi- This variety of Tulsi is found in China, Brazil, Eastern Nepal, as well as in Bengal, Bihar, Chatgaon and the southern states of India.
Babi Tulsi- This Tulsi is found in hot and the temperate regions of India, from Punjab to Trivandrum. It is also found in Bengal, Bihar, etc.
Tukashmiya tulsi - This Tulsi is found in western regions of India and in Persia.
Note- In all the varities of Tulsi major properties are the same but there is slight variation in the herbal properties also.
Best Source:Indian Subcontinent and widespread plant throughout the Southeast Asian tropics.
High quality powder of wild crafted herb from its natural habitat. Free from gluten, soya, dairy, binder, preservatives or artificial colors.
Note: Herbsforever uses all or most of the available variety of Tulsi at the time of processing to make it more potent and full spectrum.Different type of Tulsi creates perfect balanced herbal blend with optimum health benefits.
DIRECTION FOR USE
Take 3 Gms (One-third to half teaspoon) 2 times a day Tulsi Powder with water 1-2 hrs after meals. Take first dose after breakfast. If you are mixing with other herbs, use Tulsi proportionately or consult your healthcare provider. Do not drink milk immediately after taking Tulsi alone.
Usage of Tulsi Powder:
- Make a paste of Tulsi Powder with Sandalwood Powder. Apply it on forehead for calm and comfort feeling. It also provides coolness in general.
- A decoction of Tulsi Powder with honey and Ginger Powder is helpful in weather changes
- Mix Tulsi Powder and Mustard Oil well to make a paste. Then use it as tooth paste. It helps to maintain dental health.
- Do gargles with decoction of Tulsi Powder as it is helpful throat and voice.
- Apply a paste of Tulsi Powder on your face and skin. Wash your face after few minutes. It keeps your complexion beautiful
- Tulsi Powder is also considered as a tonic to retain youth and aging well.
- Regular intake of Tulsi Powder (one teaspoon with water) is helpful in balancing mind, nerves and emotions.
- Tulsi Powder is an excellent mouth freshener and keep your mouth fresh and healthy
Note: Excess Pitta (fire) shouldn't take Tulsi with milk. During pregnancy take only under the advice of your health care provider.
Food to favour: Light diet [khichri], Green and black grams, Green leafy vegetables [cabbage, cauliflower, carrot, spinach, broccoli], fresh fruits [apple, papaya, orange, pineapple, peach, plums], yellow lentil [moong dal], bitter gourd, cumin seeds, ajwain, black pepper, mustard oil and cucumber are recommended.
Food to Avoid: Potato, sweet potato, whole milk products, bakery products, chilled water, soft drinks, sea food, cakes, sweet bread, chocolates and junk food should avoid.
- Drink lukewarm water.
- Try to exercise regularly.
- Avoid stress and anxiety in daily activities.
- Avoid alcohol consumption and smoking.
- Avoid tobacco chewing.
- Avoid excessive sugary products or drinks.
- Morning walk
- Nutritional diet
- Peaceful mind
- Restful sleep
Pregnant/Lactating women, children or any with Known pre-existing condition should take under the advice of health care provider. Keep away from the reach of children.
Color, Taste, Aroma of the product may change from batch to batch.
- Raw herb powder, Sun shadow dried with greenhouse technology.
- Powder contains all the properties of the herbs we do not do any extraction any ingredients from the raw herb nor any oil.
- Herbs are washed in cold water to keep the full potency/ retain properties of herbs which might get lost some in water flow.
- Wild Crafted
- 2X-Optimum Potency-Full Spectrum
- Unflavoured, Top quality-control standards in the industry.
- Used historically by natural healers and many herbalists
- Non Synthetic
- Natural solution
- Cruelty free
- Checked for Heavy metal standards
- Sustainable sourcing and fairly traded herbs
- 100% Pure.
- Direct from the manufacturer
- Authentic, A-Grade Quality, Sourced from its natural habitat.
- Committed for the highest quality Ayurvedic products
- Non-GMO, Gluten-Free.
- No filler, No binder, No preservatives
- Climate control environment storage
- Quality and quantity as per the Ayurvedic classical references.
Many plants and herbs have oils and volatile oils in their own natural form which is the integral part of the plant and also beneficial for efficacy and potency, so some of the powders may be sticky or oily due to oil content present in them because we at herbsforever do not extract any oil from the plant or do any extraction. Also we at herbsforever do not add any additive or drying agent.
Reference Classical or Govt. Approved Books:
- Ayurvedic pharmacopoeia of India
- Dravya Guna Vigana
- Adarsha Nighantu
- Sharma P.C, et al, Database on medicinal plants used in Ayurveda, vol-14.
- Gupta A.K et al, Quality standard of Indian medicinal plants, vol-4th, published by Indian council of medicinal research New Delhi.
Other Uncommon Names of This Herb:Mai Arika, Babui Tulsi, Tulasa, Tulasi, Babri, Bahu Tulsi, Tirunapatchi, Sabza, Manjari, Krishna Tulsi, Trittavu, Tulshi and Thulsi.
This herb has been approved by department of Ayush/ Government of India after the proper screening of
scientific evidences as well as classical reference by the GOVT REGULATORY BOARD COMMITTEE.
GMP and USDA Certified Organic Manufacturing Facility: Laboratory tested for quality purity and heavy metal standards.
**These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any Disease.