HerbsForever is proud to carry on the tradition of our
founders since 1932. We are a team of herbalists, biochemists,
pharmacists and microbiologists to bring you safe and high quality
traditional Ayurvedic products.
Factors to consider
Wild crafted herbs from their natural habitat without the use of chemical fertilizers, pesticides or preservatives.
Our naturally grown wild crafted herbs come from their natural
habitat. Aborigin also plays its role in the efficacy of the herb. The
properties of herb may differ from region to region. Herbsforever makes
every effort to collect the herbs from their aborigins . Natural
habitat plays a key role in the potency of herbs, which is why we use
wild crafted herbs, as opposed cultivated ones. Every herb is collected
from its natural habitat as Naturally grown herbs are assumed to be more
Proper harvest time for higher potency is another key factor .
We highly advocate the harvesting of herbs at the most appropriate
time of ripening. No immature plants , no over riped plants are
selected. Herbs at their youth possess the maximum potency and we try
our best to procure the herbs at that particular time period. There are
guidelines for collection of different herbs at different times and
there is a particular span of time for collecting herbs.
Using purified water: Water used also stands out as a major role player . Water
is processed under DM plant, RO plant then converted into steam. That
steam water is used in the processing of herbs to avoid any chance of
heavy metal contamination.
Products as per Ayurvedic Standards : Herbs
are powdered in their original form without extracting any oil or any
of the active phyto-ingredient . Herb like turmeric,neem seeds babchi ,
yellow shatavari (from Nepal)has oil inside. We grind with the oil
instead of extracting the oil because oil has also unique properties.
This makes processing lengthy and involve lot of labour. But potency and
full spectrum of the herb paysoff its price to user.
Further, the powdered herb undergoes wet triturition process –
called BHAVANA in Ayurveda, which means the powdered herb is mixed with
the fresh juice of the same herb so that powder made from these quality
herbs are potent, effective and result oriented.
The trituration accentuates hidden medicinal properties of the herb
and to ensure that the herb, as soon as administered, is absorbed
quickly at the cell level. Subtlety should be the quality by virtue of
which a product can penetrate into the smallest capillary and channels
of the biological system.
Some herbs cannot undergo this bhavna process - such as
Vidarikandkand, Shatavari yellow,Lajwant (Mimosa pudic)] because they
have mucilagenous properties and only the defined parts are used. In
such cases, we like to combine different varieties of same herb to
obtain maximum potency. Also each variety has some additional benefits
to offer . For example , Tulsi has many varieties like Krishna or
shyama Tulsi , Rama Tulsi, Vana Tulsi best way to use all varities of
tulsi. This way it helps to provide maximum benefits of the same herb
and also accounts for the full spectrum of the the plant family.
In certain herbs almost all parts of the plants are usable likewise
in neem all the parts namely;stem, leaves, seeds & bark are known
to be of utmost importance . In this case main part of the herb is
powdered and rest of the parts are boiled in water to extract all the
beneficial properties of those parts and this extracted liquid is used
in the shape of bhavna . It is added to the main herb powder to get
full spectrum of the herb. Why this is done? According to Ayurveda
certain plants own acting and counteracting properties simultaneously.
Some plants may have side effects, but also in other parts healing
benefits to counteract. So various parts of the plant are used to
balance the outcome & obtain full spectrum.
Certains herbs have different varieties . We at Herbsforever
expanded our outlook and went further to know difference of the
varieties. And the price that we pay for the difference certainly
carries value in terms of escalated phytochemicals and antioxidant
Note: Color, Taste, Aroma of the product may change from batch to batch.
GMP and USDA Certified Organic Manufacturing Facility.
PRIMARY BENEFITS AS PER AYURVEDA
- Dietary support for cholesterol care diet plan along with yoga, regular walks etc. Which are already in normal state
- It helps to neutralize effect of sweets in body.
- It naturally helps to pass the vata (air) from stomach.
- It supports digestion.
- In women, it provides strength to the uterus and also purifies blood.
- Herbal tea made from methi seeds powder is good.
OTHER BENEFITS AS PER AYURVEDA
- It helps in detoxification of body.
- It provides natural food fibres & nutrients required for body.
Fenugreek (Methi) is a wonder herb and a very popular vegetable used in India. Both the leaves and seeds are very useful for body. It helps to modify the food texture & taste.
Methi is rich in Proteins, Calcium, Phosphorus and Iron in their natural forms. Its mineral and vitamin contents are also very high and easily assimilated by our body. Methi seeds are nourishing and rejuvenating with the properties of a stimulant.
Methi seeds are used as a spice and leaves are eaten as vegetables.
As per Ayurveda:
Botanical Name: Trigonella Foenum Graecum
English Name: Fenugreek
Common Name: Meethika, Meethi
Part Used: Seed
Properties of Fenugreek
Rasa (Taste): Pungent
Veerya (Potency): Warm (Hot)
Vipaka (Post Digestive Effect): Pungent
Guna (Properties): Light, Soothing
Action as per Ayurveda: It helps to balance the Vata (air) in body.
Chemical Composition: Alkaloids, including trigonelline, gentianine and carpaine, fiber, 4-hydroxyisoleucine and fenugreekine, a component that may have hypoglycemic activity. Other constituents of fenugreek include mucilage, bitter fixed oil, volatile oil, and the alkaloids choline and trigonelline
Best Source: Wild in Kashmir, Punjab and upper gangetic plains
High quality powder of wild crafted herb from its natural habitat. Free from gluten, soya, dairy, binder, preservatives or artificial colors.
DIRECTION FOR USE
Take 5 Gms (half to one teaspoon) 2 times a day Fenugreek Powder with water 1-2 hrs after meals. Take first dose after breakfast. If you are mixing with other herbs, use Fenugreek proportionately or consult your healthcare provider.
Usage of Fenugreek Seeds Powder
- Supports healthy digestion: Use "Methi Seeds Powder" for healthy digestion of food & passing the gas from stomach.
- Maintain normal body temperature: A Herbal tea made from "Methi Seeds Powder" is very beneficial to maintain normal body temperature.
- Support healthy hairs: Add powder of "Methi Seeds" in "Coconut Oil" and massage it on your scalp wash it off next day with cold water.
- Support singer’s voice and soothe throat: Boil 2-3 teaspoon of powder in 1 liter of water. Boil it for 10-15 minutes on gas then keep it aside for cooling, use this solution for gargles. It gives better feeling to your throat.
- The Paste of seeds is beneficial in complexion.
- For Sour Mouth: Use the decoction of this powder for gargling.
- Support healthy gums: Tooth Powder prepared with "Fenugreek Seeds Powder", "Cardamom'", and "Triphala" supports healthy gums.
- For Healthy Hair: – Make the Paste with "Fenugreek Powder", "Amla Powder" and Curd. Apply it in hairs and leave it for 2 hours. Wash hairs with herbal shampoo. Repeat this once a week.
Note: It is an important ingredient in vegetable, Dhal (Lentils) and meat dishes eaten in India. Fenugreek/Methi is also used in Asian cooking as a wonderful aroma spice and healthy digestive approach.
This powder is potentiated while mixing with the decoction (Bhavna process)/juice of the same herb.
Food to favor: Light diet [khichri], Green and black grams, Green leafy vegetables [cabbage, cauliflower, carrot, spinach, broccoli], fresh fruits [apple, papaya, orange, pineapple, peach, plums], yellow lentil [moong dal], bitter gourd, cumin seeds, ajwain, black pepper, mustard oil and cucumber are recommended.
Food to Avoid: Potato, sweet potato, whole milk products, bakery products, chilled water, soft drinks, sea food, cakes, sweet bread, chocolates and junk food should avoid.
- Drink lukewarm water.
- Try to exercise regularly.
- Avoid stress and anxiety in daily activities.
- Avoid alcohol consumption and smoking.
- Avoid tobacco chewing.
- Avoid excessive sugary products or drinks.
- Morning walk
- Nutritional diet
- Peaceful mind
- Restful sleep
Pregnant/Lactating women, children or any with Known pre-existing condition should take under the advice of health care provider. Keep away from the reach of children.
Color, Taste, Aroma of the product may change from batch to batch.
- Raw herb powder, Sun shadow dried with greenhouse technology.
- Powder contains all the properties of the herbs we do not do any extraction any ingredients from the raw herb nor any oil.
- Herbs are washed in cold water to keep the full potency/ retain properties of herbs which might get lost some in water flow.
- Wild Crafted
- 2X-Optimum Potency-Full Spectrum
- Unflavoured, Top quality-control standards in the industry.
- Used historically by natural healers and many herbalists
- Non Synthetic
- Natural solution
- Cruelty free
- Checked for Heavy metal standards
- Sustainable sourcing and fairly traded herbs
- 100% Pure.
- Direct from the manufacturer
- Authentic, A-Grade Quality, Sourced from its natural habitat.
- Committed for the highest quality Ayurvedic products
- Non-GMO, Gluten-Free.
- No filler, No binder, No preservatives
- Climate control environment storage
- Quality and quantity as per the Ayurvedic classical references.
Many plants and herbs have oils and volatile oils in their own natural form which is the integral part of the plant and also beneficial for efficacy and potency, so some of the powders may be sticky or oily due to oil content present in them because we at herbsforever do not extract any oil from the plant or do any extraction. Also we at herbsforever do not add any additive or drying agent.
Reference Classical or Govt. Approved Books:
- Ayurvedic pharmacopoeia of India
- Dravya Guna Vigana
- Adarsha Nighantu
- Sharma P.C, et al, Database on medicinal plants used in Ayurveda, vol-14, Page no-404- 408.
- Gupta A.K et al, Quality standard of Indian medicinal plants, vol-4th, published by Indian council of medicinal research New Delhi, page no-327-329.
Other Uncommon Names of this Herb: Alholva, Bird's Foot, Bockshornklee, Chandrika, Egypt Fenugreek, Fenogreco, Fenugrec, Foenugraeci Semen, Fenugreek, Greek Clover, Greek Hay, Greek Hay Seed, Methika, Methi, Methika, Sénégrain, Sénégré, Trigonella, Trigonella Foenum, Trigonella Foenum-Graecum, Trigonellae Foenugraeci, Trigonelle.
This herb has been approved by department of Ayush/ Government of India after the proper screening of
scientific evidences as well as classical reference by the GOVT REGULATORY BOARD COMMITTEE.
GMP and USDA Certified Organic Manufacturing Facility: Laboratory tested for quality purity and heavy metal standards.
**These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any Disease.