is proud to carry on the tradition of our founders since 1932. We are a
team of herbalists, biochemists, pharmacists and microbiologists to
bring you safe and high quality traditional Ayurvedic products.
Factors to consider
Wild crafted herbs from their natural habitat without the use of chemical fertilizers, pesticides or preservatives.
naturally grown wild crafted herbs come from their natural habitat.
Aborigin also plays its role in the efficacy of the herb. The
properties of herb may differ from region to region. Herbsforever makes
every effort to collect the herbs from their aborigins . Natural
habitat plays a key role in the potency of herbs, which is why we use
wild crafted herbs, as opposed cultivated ones. Every herb is collected
from its natural habitat as Naturally grown herbs are assumed to be more
Proper harvest time for higher potency is another key factor .
highly advocate the harvesting of herbs at the most appropriate time of
ripening. No immature plants , no over riped plants are selected. Herbs
at their youth possess the maximum potency and we try our best to
procure the herbs at that particular time period. There are guidelines
for collection of different herbs at different times and there is a
particular span of time for collecting herbs.
Using purified water: Water used also stands out as a major role player . Water
is processed under DM plant, RO plant then converted into steam. That
steam water is used in the processing of herbs to avoid any chance of
heavy metal contamination.
Products as per Ayurvedic Standards : Herbs
are powdered in their original form without extracting any oil or any
of the active phyto-ingredient . Herb like turmeric,neem seeds babchi ,
yellow shatavari (from Nepal)has oil inside. We grind with the oil
instead of extracting the oil because oil has also unique properties.
This makes processing lengthy and involve lot of labour. But potency and
full spectrum of the herb paysoff its price to user.
the powdered herb undergoes wet triturition process – called BHAVANA
in Ayurveda, which means the powdered herb is mixed with the fresh juice
of the same herb so that powder made from these quality herbs are
potent, effective and result oriented.
trituration accentuates hidden medicinal properties of the herb and to
ensure that the herb, as soon as administered, is absorbed quickly at
the cell level. Subtlety should be the quality by virtue of which a
product can penetrate into the smallest capillary and channels of the
herbs cannot undergo this bhavna process - such as Vidarikandkand,
Shatavari yellow,Lajwant (Mimosa pudic)] because they have mucilagenous
properties and only the defined parts are used. In such cases, we like
to combine different varieties of same herb to obtain maximum potency.
Also each variety has some additional benefits to offer . For example ,
Tulsi has many varieties like Krishna or shyama Tulsi , Rama Tulsi,
Vana Tulsi best way to use all varities of tulsi. This way it helps to
provide maximum benefits of the same herb and also accounts for the full
spectrum of the the plant family.
certain herbs almost all parts of the plants are usable likewise in
neem all the parts namely;stem, leaves, seeds & bark are known to
be of utmost importance . In this case main part of the herb is powdered
and rest of the parts are boiled in water to extract all the beneficial
properties of those parts and this extracted liquid is used in the
shape of bhavna . It is added to the main herb powder to get full
spectrum of the herb. Why this is done? According to Ayurveda certain
plants own acting and counteracting properties simultaneously. Some
plants may have side effects, but also in other parts healing benefits
to counteract. So various parts of the plant are used to balance the
outcome & obtain full spectrum.
herbs have different varieties . We at Herbsforever expanded our
outlook and went further to know difference of the varieties. And
the price that we pay for the difference certainly carries value in
terms of escalated phytochemicals and antioxidant properties
Note: Color, Taste, Aroma of the product may change from batch to batch.
GMP and USDA Certified Organic Manufacturing Facility.
PRIMARY BENEFITS AS PER AYURVEDA
- Shatavari Powder is the main rejuvenative herb for women. It helps to maintain healthy female organs thus help in maintaining healthy female fertility. It helps to tones and nourishes the female health.
- Shatavari helps to maintain healthy cycle. Shatavari supports for lactating mothers.
- Shatavari is a support for menopausal health. Shatavari Powder also promotes maternal health.
- Shatavari supports the function of the immune and digestive system.
- It is mild aphrodisiac in nature.
- It is also helpful in male potency and helps to maintain healthy organs.
OTHER BENEFITS AS PER AYURVEDA
- Cooling effect is helpful in reducing high pitta (fire) in digestive system.
- It is also useful in old age people as it soothes the systemic dryness which is part of natural aging process.
- It also helps to calms down irritability, anger.
As per Ayurveda
Shatavari Root Powder: Cooling herb. Shatavari is the herb which helps to maintain female health.
Family Name: Liliaceae
Sanskrit Name: Shatavari
Rasa (Taste): Sweet, Bitter
Virya (Potency): Cold
Vipaka (Post Digestive Effect): Sweet
Effects on Doshas (Humors): Pacifies Vata (air), Pitta (fire) and Kapha (water).
Chemical Composition: Steroidal saponins, glycosides, alkaloids, polysaccharides, mucilage, racemosol and isoflavones
Free from gluten, soya, dairy, binder, preservatives or artificial colors.
DIRECTIONS FOR USE
Take 5 gms (half to one teaspoon) 2 times a day Shatavari Powder with fresh water or milk 1-2 hrs after meals. Take first dose after breakfast. If you are mixing with other herbs, use Shatavari proportionately or consult your healthcare provider.
Best Use With:
- For menopausal women it is good when taken with saffron milk. Give combination of Shatavari Powder, Ashwagandha Powder , Brahmi Powder in a dosage of one teaspoon twice a day with one glass of milk.
- In premenstrual take Shatavari Powder in a dosage of 2 tsp twice a day with hot milk (one cup).
- Paste of Shatavari Powder may provide soothing effect on burning sensation due to its cooling effect.
- Use Shatavari Powder in a dosage of 10 gm twice a day with milk (one cup) in general weakness.
- It is used both externally and internally.
Food to favour
Fresh vegetables [Broccoli, beans, spinach, black grams], fruits [figs, dates, peaches, plums], yogurt, salmon fish, brown rice, milk and soup egg should recommend.
Food to Avoid
Fried and fatty food, tea, coffee, chocolates, packed food, canned food, junk food, spicy or acidic food, cold drinks, white bread.
- Drink enough water.
- Eat fresh fruits and vegetables.
- Maintain hygienic conditions.
- Take Triphala powder to maintain morning regularity.
- Avoid meat, coffee, tea, alcohol and smoking.
- Avoid heavy work, stress, and anger.
- Do not take excessive salty or acidic food.
Healthy Tips as per Ayurveda:
- Natural nutritional diet
- Restful sleep
- Ashwagandha powder
Pregnant/Lactating women, children or any with Known pre-existing condition should take under the advice of health care provider. Keep away from the reach of children.
Color, Taste, Aroma of the product may change from batch to batch.
- 100% Organic Powder
- Certified Organic by OneCert Asia In accordance with the USDA National Program (NOP) and National Programme for Production (NPOP) of India Guidelines).
- Authentic, A-Grade Quality
- Powder contains all the properties of the herbs we do not do any extraction any ingredients from the raw herb nor any oil.
- Unflavoured, Top quality-control standards in the industry.
- Used historically by natural healers and many herbalists
- Non Synthetic
- Natural solution
- Cruelty free
- Checked for Heavy metal standards
- Sustainable sourcing and fairly traded herbs
- Committed for the highest quality Ayurvedic products
- Non-GMO, Gluten-Free.
- No filler, No binder, No preservatives
- Climate control environment storage
Reference Classical or Govt. Approved Books:
- Dravyaguna Vigana
- Ayurvedic Pharmacopia of India
- Bhavaprakash Nighantu
- A Brief review of medicinal properties of Asparagus racemosus (Shatawari) Int. J. Pure App. Biosci. 1 (2): 48-52 (2013)
- Goel RK. Prabha T. Kumar MM. Dorababu M. Prakash. Singh G. Asparagus racemosus Willd. root, a herbal medicine. Indian Journal of Experimental Biology. 44(7): 570-3
- Natural Standard Herb and Supplement Guide: An Evidence-based Reference. Catherine Ulbright. ISBN: 978-0-323-07295-3. Pg. 73 (2010)
Other Uncommon Names of this Herb: Shatawari, Satamuli, Asparagus, Wild Asparagus, Asparagus root. Mahashatavari, Satavar, Satmuli, Kilavari, Satavali, Shatmuli, Satavari, Satawar, Shimai-shadavari, Ammaikodi, Kilwari, Challagadda, Pilligadalu, Majjige-gadde, Aheru balli, Saatawari, Ekalakanto, Shatawarmul, Shatavari, Satamuli.
GMP and USDA Certified Organic Manufacturing Facility: Laboratory tested for quality purity and heavy metal standards.
**These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any Disease.