Common & Uncommon Names
- Botanical Name: Eclipta alba
- English Name: False Daisy
- Hindi Name: Bhringaraj / Keshraj
Other Uncommon Names:
False Daisy, Bhringaraj, Bhringaraj , Eclipta, Han Lian Cao, Tamasaburou, Yerba De Tago, Congo Lanna, Babri, Galagara, Gunta-Kalagara, Kaikeishi, Karisha-Langanni, Karisirang-Kanni, Kesharaji, Kesuri, Kesaria, Ke Sutti, Maka, Mochkand.
- Rasa (Taste): Bitter, Pungent, Sweet
- Virya (Potency): Cooling
- Vipaka (Post Digestive Effect): Pungent
As Per Ayurveda:
Bhringaraj Powder is considered as a Rasayana (rejuvenator). It is known for its rejuvenating properties. It may act as a natural conditioner and a cooling agent for hair. For a long time Indian people have used Bhringraj herbal powder to maintain overall hair health.
Bhringraj Powder may prove to be beneficial for liver health. The liver is the controller of the metabolism of the body. Therefore, it may improve the metabolism of the liver and provide strength to the body by rejuvenating each and every part of the body.
Bhringraj powder may help to purify the blood and supports healthy skin complexion.
It can be taken orally or applied on the skin directly in the form of a paste.
Bhringaraj Powder improves the complexion and provides skin healthy complexion which leads to a younger and healthy look. It may be considered as a nervine tonic as its alternative and pacifying nature pacifies the mind; hence can be used in disturbed, angry or irritated emotions from high Pitta (fire). It reduces Vata (air) indirectly by calming the flames of Pitta (fire).
A main herbal tonic for hair and liver problems and to support Circulatory, Digestive, and Nervous Systems.
Wedelolactone and dimethyl wedelolactone possess potent, mono-, di- and tri thiophene acetylenes together with a-terthenyl.
Directions for Use:
Internal Use: Take 5 Gms (half to one teaspoon) 2 times a day Bhringraj Powder with water 1-2 hrs after meals. Take the first dose after breakfast.
External Use: Make a thick paste with water or mix it with warm oil & apply it on hairs or scalp. If you are mixing with other herbs, use Bhringraj proportionately or consult your healthcare provider.
Usage of Bhringraj Powder
- 1 teaspoon twice a day of Bhringraj mixed with Black Pepper and Mishri , with water may be taken when the color of the skin goes yellow
- Take 3 gm of powder daily with water for several days. It acts as rasayana (rejuvenator) and may provide rejuvenating effects.
- Bhringraj powder paste with water when applied on skin may for healthy skin complexion.
- Mix Bhringaraj powder and salt, Take it with water. It may help in maintaining a healthy urinary tract.
- Mix Bhringaraj powder in a little quantity of vegetable oil and apply it on the forehead. It may provide a comforting feeling in your head.
- Make a paste of Bhringraj powder with water and apply it on glands.
- Mix Bhringaraj powder with Amla Powder, make a paste and apply on hair. Wash after some time.
- Combine Bhringraj Powder with coconut oil to make conditioning oil. This Preparation when applied on hair may give shine, health and strength to hair.
- Make a paste of Bhringraj Powder with water. Gently massage rotating finger tips. Wait for 30 minutes. Wash thoroughly with water.
- Use Bhringraj powder in combination of Amla, Brahmi, Shikakai, Tulsi and Neem. Make a paste of it, apply it on your hair. Regular use of this combination maintains the health of hair.
- Mix Bhringraj in water or oil and make a paste. Apply it to Scalp. Rinse hair after some time. It may help to rejuvenate the hair and scalp.
Ayurvedic Lifestyle (Healthy Tips)
- Nutritional diet
- Morning walk
- Peaceful mind
- Positive thinking
Foods to Favor
- Light diet
- Green gram soup
- Bitter gourd
- Bottle gourd
- Green leafy vegetables
- Fresh fruits [Amla, Orange, Apple, Papaya, Grapes]
- Light moong dal
- Food rich in bitter and pungent taste
Foods to Avoid
- Fried food
- Lady finger
- Coco asia
- Esculent root
- Masoor Dal
- Ice creams
- Junk food
- Sweet food
- Excess salty or sour food
- Drink plenty of water.
- Maintain proper hygiene.
- Take Triphala powder or Amla daily to maintain morning regularity.
- Avoid long exposure to sun.
- Use of cosmetics should be limited.
- Avoid excess sea food or non vegetarian food.
- Pregnant/Lactating women, children or any with Known pre-existing condition should take under the advice of a healthcare provider. Keep away from the reach of children.
- Bhavapraksha Nighantu
- Dhanwntri Nighantu
- Dravyaguna Vigana
- Ayurvedic Pharmacopoeia of India
- Reddy, K.R.K. et. al., J. Res. Educ. in Ind. Med., 1990, v., 9(4), 43-46.
- Rashid, Md , International Seminar-Traditional Medicine, Calcutta, 7-9 November, 1992, Abstr. No. 8.16, 134.
- Singh, B. et. al., Phytotherapy Research, 1993, v., 7(2), 154-158; Murthy, T.S. et. al., J. Res. Educ. Ind. Med., 1993, v., 12(2), 41-43.
Reference Classical or Govt. Approved Books
GMP and USDA Certified Organic Manufacturing Facility: Laboratory tested for quality purity and heavy metal standards
**These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any Disease.