- Joint pain
Common & Uncommon Names
- Family Name: Clusiaceae
- Botanical Name: Garcinia Cambogia
- English Name: Garcinia
- Hindi Name: Vrikshamla
Other Uncommon Names of This Herb
Malabar Tamarind, Brindall Berry, Chikana, Red Mango, Mangosteen, Brindleberry, Kokam, Citrin, Gambooge, Garcinia kola, Vrikshamla, Garcinia Gumni, Mangosta, Cambogia.
- Rasa (Taste): Sour, Bitter
- Guna (Characteristics): Dry, Light
- Virya (Potency): Hot
- Vipaka (Post Digestive Effect): Pungent
Commonly found in the evergreen and shola forests of western ghats in India up to 6,000 ft. high.
As per ayurveda:
It helps to balance the Kapha (Water) in the body & reduce extra Medha Dhatu (Fat) from the body. Due to its hot potency, it also helps to balance Vata (Air) & helps in joints also .
Garcinia Cambogia is a moderate size, evergreen flowering tree. Fruit is yellow coloured, oval in shape that resembles small pumpkins. It naturally helps to keep a lean body diet plan which also supports cholesterol and triglyceride health diet plan which are already within a healthy state..Helps to give energy to body due to presence of Vitamin C in its fruit.
Hydroxycitric acid, Essential oil, Tannins, Potassium, Citric Acid & Acetic Acid. Fruit of Garcinia Cambogia also has high content of Vitamin C, low in fat, high in water content and fibers
Directions for Use
Serving Size: Mix 1 level scoop (1000 mg to 1500 mg) with water or any other drink, 2 or 3 times a day. Best if taken 30 minutes before meals. If you are mixing with this herb ask your herbalist.
Ayurvedic Lifestyle (Healthy Tips)
- Natural nutritional diet
- Proper rest
- Morning walk
- Peaceful mind
Foods to Favor
- Low salt diet
- Plenty of water
- Coconut water
- Egg yolk
- Citrus fruits like [orange, amla, grapes, kiwi]
- Vegetables like [cabbage, cauliflower, parmal, tofu]
Foods to Avoid
- Drinks rich in sugar
- Soft drinks
- Red meat
- Spicy food
- Dairy product
- Acidic food or canned/ junk food
- Drink plenty of water.
- Live a life with positive thinking.
- Follow proper hygienic conditions.
- Avoid suppression of natural urges.
- Avoid alcohol and smoking.
- Avoid excessive coitus.
- Avoid excessive stress, anger and grief.
- Pregnant/Lactating women, children or any with Known pre-existing condition should take under the advice of a healthcare provider. Keep away from the reach of children.
- Bhavaprakasha Nighantu
- Dravyaguna Vigana
- Ayurvedic Pharmacopoeia of India
- Publications & Information Directorate, Council of Scientific & Industrial Research (1986). G. cambogia Desr. The Useful Plants of India. (New Delhi: Publications & Information Directorate, 1986) 229.
- Dr.KM Nadkarni, The Indian Materia Medica, Vol.I, pg 566 7. Prof P.V Sharma, DravyaGuna Vigyana, Vol II, pg 337.
Reference Classical or Govt. Approved Books
GMP and USDA Certified Organic Manufacturing Facility: Laboratory tested for quality purity and heavy metal standards.
**These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any Disease.