Common & Uncommon Names
- Botanical Name: Terminalia Chebula
- English Name: Chebulic myrobalan
- Hindi Name: Haritaki ,Harada
Other Uncommon Names:
Gurmarbooti, Periploca of the woods, Meshasringi, Gymnema, Gurmari, Madhunashini, Amudhapushpam, Merasingi, Meshashringi, Madhoolika, Vishani, Shardunika, Madhinasini, Sirukurinchaan, Chakkarakolli.
- Rasa (Taste): Mainly astringent, sweet, sour, bitter and pungent taste but salt taste is absent.
- Guna (Characteristics): Light, Dry
- Virya (Potency): Warm
- Vipaka (Post Digestive Effect): Sweet
In Himalaya region ravi to pachim Bangal and Aasam up to 5000 ft height.
As per ayurveda:
High quality powder of ayurvedic herb from its natural habitat. Free from gluten, soya, dairy, binder, preservatives or artificial colors.
In Ayurveda Haritaki is the best for Sroto-Shodhana as purifying the channels of the body.
Haritaki is one of the most frequently used Ayurvedic herbs which are useful in vitiation of all (dosha) Ayurvedic theory of three humors. But it is better in vatta (air humor) problems.
Haritaki: Fruit Powder – It detoxifies and nourishes all the dhatus (body tissues). Haritaki is mildly laxative by nature.
According to Acharaya Charak – It is best for rejuvenation.
Haritaki is termed as the mother of human beings. As a mother never does anything badly for her progeny similarly it never does badly for the health of a fellow. It benefits a fellow in all aspects.
Due to its bitter taste it helps as a regular diet plan for sugar intake.
It helps to maintain the metabolic activities of liver, kidney and spleen. And pancreas tonic
Best Use With:
- For pacifying high pitta (fire) – Mix Haritaki Powder, Black raisins and sugar in equal ratio. Take 1 teaspoon twice a day in case of (high pitta-fire) which is the leading cause of minor acidity.
- For respiratory support – Take Haritaki powder and Shunti (ginger) powder with hot water to support the respiratory system.
- For uric acid health -Take Haritaki powder with Gud (Jaggery) as dietary food.
- For a healthy body – Take the decoction of Haritaki Powder with honey. It helps to maintain a fit body.
- For normal vatta(air) passing– Take Haritaki powder with jaggery (gud) and ghee with lukewarm water.
- Liver health – The decoction of Haritaki powder with triphala powder is beneficial.
- Hemoglobin support – Haritaki powder with honey and a small quantity of ghee may be helpful to support healthy hemoglobin of an individual which is already in a healthy state.
- For proper digestion and maintaining morning regularity – Take Haritaki, Musta, Sunthi (ginger) and Jaggery (Gud). It may help. Haritaki helps to support digestion, promotes the absorption of nutrients, and helps to regulate colon function. According to the Bhavaprakasha (one of the ancient scriptures), Haritaki was derived from a drop of nectar from Indra’s (Lord Indra) cup.
Directions for Use:
Serving Size: Take 5 Gms (half to one teaspoon) 2 times a day Haritaki Powder with water 1-2 hrs after meals. Take the first dose after breakfast. If you are mixing with other herbs, use Haritaki proportionately or consult your healthcare provider.
Ayurvedic Lifestyle (Healthy Tips)
- Nutritional diet
- Morning walk
- Restful sleep
- Positive thinking\
Foods to Favor
- Rock salt
- Green peas
- Green and black grams
- Olive oil
- Coconut oil
Foods to Avoid
- Soft drinks
- Junk food like pasta
- White rice
- Dairy products
- Pork beef
- Red meat
- Excessive oily or spicy food
- Eat a lot of fresh fruits and vegetables.
- Drink plenty of water.
- Eat a diet rich in whole grains and proteins.
- Avoid using excessive sugary products.
- Limit to taking the potato chips or French fries.
- Limit the use of doughnuts.
- Avoid alcohol consumption or smoking.
- Pregnant/Lactating women, children or any with Known pre-existing condition should take under the advice of a healthcare provider. Keep away from the reach of children.
- Shivdat Nighantu
- Shusrut Sutrasthana 46
- Raj Nighantu
- Charak Sutrasthana 25
- Charaka Chikitsa Sthana 1
- Dhanvantari Nighantu
- Pharmacological and therapeutic potential of Terminalia Chebula retzius – a critical review by sarita. M. Kapgate wj pmr, 2016, 2 (6), 226-234.
Reference Classical or Govt. Approved Books
This formula has been approved by the Department of Ayush/ Government of India after the proper screening of scientific evidence as well as classical reference of each ingredient by the GOVT REGULATORY BOARD COMMITTEE.
GMP and USDA Certified Organic Manufacturing Facility: Laboratory tested for quality purity and heavy metal standards.
**These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any Disease.