Other Benefits as per Ayurveda
- It helps to support nerves health and pacifies the mind.
- It helps to maintain a beautiful complexion.
- It may be useful in gastrointestinal and worm infestations.
- It helps to maintain a healthy urinary tract system.
- Manjistha Powder is used both externally and internally. It helps to gain luster and glow of the skin.
- Manjistha Powder helps to maintain gums healthy.
- Dry or wet eczema
- Raised uric acid
- Black heads, White heads
- Papules and Pustules
As Per Ayurveda
Manjistha Powder is the best blood purifying herb. It cools and detoxifies the blood. According to Ayurveda Manjistha Powder is the healthy choice for healthy skin. It is a tonic to tissues, plasma, blood and muscles.
High quality powder of ayurvedic herb from its natural habitat. Free from gluten, soya, dairy, binder, preservatives or artificial colors.
Purpurin,munjistin, small amounts of xanthopurpurin and pseudopurpurin bioactive compounds such as anthraquinones and their glycosides, naphthoquinones and glycosides, terpenes, bicyclic hexapeptides, carboxylic acids,and saccharides (xylose, ribose, fructose, glucose, sucrose,primeverose.
Common & Uncommon Names
Family Name: Rubiaceae
Botanical Name: Rubia Cordifolia
English Name: Indian Madder
Hindi Name: Manjistha,Majith
Other Uncommon Names
Rubia Cordifolia, Indian Madder, Manjistha, Manjit.
Rasa (Taste): Bitter, Sweet, Astringent
Guna (Characteristics): Heavy, Dry
Virya (Potency): Cooling
Vipaka (Post Digestive Effect): Pungent
Himalaya region up to 8000 feet height.
Directions for Use
Take Manjistha Powder 2-3 gm 2 times a day with water 1 – 2 hrs after meals. Take the first dose after breakfast. If you are mixing with other herbs, use Manjistha proportionately or consult your healthcare provider.
Pregnant/Lactating women, children or any with Known pre-existing condition should take under the advice of a healthcare provider. Keep away from the reach of children.
Best Use With
Wounds: Decoction of Manjistha Powder can be used to wash the wounds by way of a paste of this herbal powder when applied on the wound,
Skin Problems: Drink decoction of Manjistha Powder twice a day and apply externally paste of it for skin beauty and face pack.
Face Pack: use Manjistha Powder with honey as a face pack.
Discoloration of Skin: Regular use of Manjistha Powder in the form of paste helps to maintain healthy color complexion.
Pitta (fire) pacifying properties of it help to maintain a healthy monthly cycle.
Drinking the decoction of Manjistha Powder is useful in bones’ health and calcium deficiency.
The decoction of Manjistha Powder with Triphala, Guduchi and Neem is used in joint health.
A face pack can be made by mixing sandal powder, turmeric and Manjistha powder.
This powder is potentiated while mixing with the decoction (Bhavna process)/juice of the same herb.
Nutritional diet, Morning walk, Peaceful mind, Yoga, Positive thinking
Foods to Favor
- Light diet
- Green gram soup
- Bitter gourd
- Bottle gourd
- Green leafy vegetables
- Fresh fruits [Amla, Orange, Apple, Papaya, Grapes]
- Light moong dal
- Food rich in bitter and pungent taste
Foods to Avoid
- Fried food
- Lady finger
- Coco asia
- Esculent root
- Masoor Dal
- Ice creams
- Junk food
- Sweet food
- Excess salty or sour food
- Take less amount of salt.
- Drink plenty of water.
- Maintain proper hygiene.
- Take Triphala powder or Amla daily to maintain morning regularity
- Avoid taking excess sugar.
- Avoid long exposure to sun.
- Use of cosmetics should be limited.
- Avoid excess sea food or non vegetarian food.
- Bhavapraksha Nighantu
- Dhanwntri Nighantu
- Dravyaguna Vigana
- Ayurvedic Pharmacopoeia of India
- Traditional and Modern Use of Indian Madder (Rubia cordifolia L.): An Overview Int. J. Pharm. Sci. Rev. Res., 25(1), Mar – Apr 2014; Article No. 27, Pages: 154-164
- Ibraheim ZZ, Gouda YG, Minor constituents from Rubia cordifolia L. Root, Bull. Pharm. Sci., 33, 2010, 225-233.
- Reference Classical or Govt. Approved Books
This herb has been approved by the Department of Ayush/ Government of India after the proper screening of scientific evidence as well as classical reference by the GOVT REGULATORY BOARD COMMITTEE.
GMP and USDA Certified Organic Manufacturing Facility: Laboratory tested for quality purity and heavy metal standards.
**These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any Disease.