Skip to content
Primary Benefits as per Ayurveda
- Supports relaxation.
- Helps to strengthen the body.
- Provides comfort in vata (air) related conditions.
- As a massage oil may be useful oil for massage on head for comfortable feeling.
- Applied as body massage oil on various parts of the body for beautiful and healthy complexion.
- Some Ayurvedic practitioners also recommend this oil for basti (Anima) in India under their guidance only.
Other Benefits as per Ayurveda
- Massage of this oil supports healthy lungs.
- Helps to detoxify the body.
- Massage of this oil may be helpful in head massage to promote calm and relaxation.
- Used during the weather changes to promote and regenerate body energy.
- Used as relaxing for the Vata (air) constitution, for anema and Panchkarma.
Reference Classical or Govt. Approved Books:
- Ayurvedic Pharmacopoeia of India.
- Dravyaguna Vigana
- Adarsh Nighantu
- Bhavapraksha Nighantu
- Dhanwntri Nighantu
- Agnivesha, Charaka Samhita revised by Charaka & Dridabala, with Ayurveda Dipika comentary by Chakrapanidatta, foreword by Acharya Yadav ji Trikamji. Edition- 2008:-Varanasi: Choukhamba Surabharathi prakashana, p-738, p-9, 25, 26.
- Agnivesha; Charaka Samhita, Acharya Jadavaji Trikamji, Chaukambha sanskrita sansthan , Varanasi, 5 th edition 2001, p738, p 643.
- Sharangadharacharya. Sharangadhara Samhitha with the commentaries by Adamalla‘s edited with Shastri Parashurama, edition 2006:- Varanasi: Chaukamba Surabharathi Prakashana. P-398, p-200, 201.