Other Benefits as per Ayurveda
- Helps to provide nourishment to the heart.
- Support healthy nervous system
- Support healthy muscle movements.
- Support healthy functioning of the body.
- Excessive bleeding during menses
- Urinary tract disorder
As Per Ayurveda
Nagkesar Powder supports a healthy excretory and reproductive system. It helps to control the bad odor of sweat & acts as a tonic for healthy heart functions.
It contains mesurol and mesaone as chemical constituents.
Common & Uncommon Names
- Family Name: Guttiferae
- Botanical Name: Mesua Ferrea
- English Name: Ironwood Tree
- Hindi Name: Nagkesar, Nagesar
Other Uncommon Names
Narekaisar, Nageshwar, Nagesar, Thiet Lucmoc, Cobra’s Saffron, Ironwood Tree, Indian Rose Chestnut, Mesua Naghas, Eisenholz, Nagkesar, Sachu Nagkeshar, Nagchampa, Pilu Nagkesar, Tamra Nagkesar , Nagkesar, Nagasampige, Near Mushk, Nageswar , Nagakesara, Nagkeshar, Nag Pushpa, Hema, Gajakesara, Naremushk.
- Rasa (Taste): Astringent, Bitter
- Guna (Properties): Light, dry
- Virya (Potency): Warm
- Vipaka (Post Digestive Effect): Pungent
Western Ghats of Konkan and Malabar area.
Directions for Use
Take 5 Gms 2 times a day Nagkesar Powder with water 1-2 hrs after meals. Take the first dose after breakfast. If you are mixing with other herbs, use Nagkesar proportionately or consult your healthcare provider.
- Pregnant/Lactating women, children or any with Known pre-existing condition should take under the advice of a healthcare provider. Keep away from the reach of children.
- Nutritional diet
- Morning walk
- Restful sleep
- Positive mind
- Amla powder or capsules
Foods to Favor
- Citrus fruits [Mango, orange, lemon, kiwi, grapes, Amla, apricot]
- Green leafy vegetables [spinach, cauliflower, cabbage, broccoli]
- Black grams
- Sea food
- Dried fruits
Foods to Avoid
- Red and black pepper
- Chili powder
- Fried food
- Hot food [food that is hot in potency]
- Junk food
- Cold drinks
- Drink plenty of water.
- Eat fresh fruits and vegetables.
- Eat food rich in iron content.
- Maintain proper hygienic conditions.
- Void unnecessary stress, anger or fear.
- Avoid alcohol consumption or smoking.
- Avoid suppression of natural urges.
- Dhanvantari Nighantu
- Ayurvedic Pharmacopoeia of India
- Banerjee & Chowdhury, J Chem Soc Pakist, 1993, 15, 207; Handa et. al., Fitoterapia, 1992, 63, 3; Chem Abstr, 1989, 110, 170185; Bhattathiri et. al., J Res Ayur Siddha, 1989, 10, 153.
- Kakrani, H.K.: Antimicrobial and anthelmintic activity of essential oil of Mesua ferrea Linn. Ind. Drugs 21(6): 621-262, 1984.
- Jain, S.R. and Jain, H.R. Effect of some common essential oils on pathogenic fungi. Planta Med. 24: 127, 1973.
- Bhide, M.B. et. al., Studies on the antiasthmatic activity of Mesua ferrea. Bull. Haff. Inst. 5: 27, 1977
Reference Classical or Govt. Approved Books
This formula has been approved by the Department of Ayush/ Government of India after the proper screening of scientific evidence as well as classical reference of each ingredient by the GOVT REGULATORY BOARD COMMITTEE.
GMP and USDA Certified Organic Manufacturing Facility: Laboratory tested for quality purity and heavy metal standards.
**These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any Disease.