Other Benefits as per Ayurveda
- Kutaja is helpful in watery motions.
- Kutaja may support a healthy G.I. tract and the proper function of the colon.
- Root and bark may be used to maintain healthy digestion.
- Kutaja Powder may support intestinal health.
- Promotes digestion and supports detoxification.
- Kutaja Powder may remove excess Pitta (fire) and Kapha (water) from the intestine.
- Kutaja Powder may also be helpful in rectal health.
- Decoction of Kutaja Powder may be used to clean the wounds.
- The paste of Kutaja Powder may be applied on boils.
- Kutaja Powder may help to rectify Meda Dhatu (muscular tissue) because of its bitter taste thus it may also help in fit body diet plan.
- Kutaja Powder with cow’s milk may be given in maintaining health urinary tract
- Taking powder of Kutaja with Buttermilk may be beneficial in watery motions, gripping effects and check mucus and clear motions.
- Kutaja Powder may be helpful in checking unwanted and harmful bacteria present in the gastrointestinal region of the body.
- Hemorrhoids [Piles],
- Loose motions
- Bleeding disorder
As per Ayurveda
This Kutaja Powder has been purified according to specification of traditional Ayurvedic text which is a lengthy, laborious and expensive process but it ensures that there is not any feeling of discomfort to the user with this product; which otherwise one may have with unpurified Kutaja Powder.
High quality extract of ayurvedic herb from its natural habitat. Free from gluten, soya, dairy, binder, preservatives or artificial colors.
Common & Uncommon Names
- Family Name: Apocynaceae
- Botanical Name: Holarrhena Antidysenterica
- English Name: Conessi Bark, Coneru, Tellicherry Bark
- Hindi Name: Kutaja, Kalinga, Indrayava
Other Uncommon Names
Vatsaka, Kurchi, Coneru, Tellicherry Bark, Kura, Kora, Kureya, Indrajav, Pandhra, Kudachi, Kodsinge, Kodmurak, Kutasappalai, Kudagappala, Kodisapala-vittulu, Indrayava, Indra seeds, Kuda, Kutashappalai, Veppilai, Kurchi tree, Conessi tree, Dong gua.
- Rasa (Taste): Astringent, Bitter
- Guna (Characteristics): Light, Rough
- Virya (Potency): Cooling, Calm
- Vipaka (Post Digestive Effect): Pungent
South India and Maharashtra.
Directions for Use
Take 5 Gms (half to one teaspoon) Kutaja Powder2 times a day with water 1-2 hrs after meals. Take the first dose after breakfast.
Decoction: Take 1 – 2 tea-spoon Kutaja Powder & boil it in 300 ml water on medium heat. When it becomes 70 ml; strain it and drink it before meals. If you are mixing with other herbs, use Kutaja Powderproportionately or consult your healthcare provider.
This powder is potentiated while mixing with the decoction (Bhavna process)/juice of the same herb.
- Pregnant/Lactating women, children or any with Known pre-existing condition should take under the advice of a healthcare provider. Keep away from the reach of children.
- Nutritional diet
- Morning walk
- Peaceful mind
- Positive thinking
Foods to Favor
- Whole wheat grains
- Lean meat
- Vegetable soup
- Egg curry
- Black grams
Foods to Avoid
- High fiber cereals
- Fatty or fried food
- Spicy food
- Whole milk
- Eat smaller meals more often.
- Take a high protein diet.
- Eat boiled vegetables.
- Drink boiled water.
- Avoid beverages at meals.
- Avoid stress, fear or anger.
- Avoid alcohol consumption.
- Charak kalpstan 5
- Charak sutrastan 25
- Dutta, N. K and Iyer, S. N., J. Ind. Med. Assoc., 1968, 50, 349.
- Dhar, M. L, et. al., Ind. J. Exp. Biol., 1968, 6, 232.
- Signier, F. et. al., 1949. Medicine Tropicale, 9, 99-109, Tanguy, et. al., 1948, ibid, 8, 12-31.
- Oliver, B.B. (1986). Medicinal Plants in Tropical West Africa, Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, 163.
Reference Classical or Govt. Approved Books
This herb has been approved by the Department of Ayush/ Government of India after the proper screening of scientific evidence as well as classical reference of each ingredient by the GOVT REGULATORY BOARD COMMITTEE.
GMP and USDA Certified Organic Manufacturing Facility: Laboratory tested for quality purity and heavy metal standards.
**These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any Disease.