Other Benefits as per Ayurveda
- Supports healthy appetite.
- It supports a healthy nervous system.
- Act as skin support.
- Gargles of this powder support healthy teeth.
- Intestinal or stomach worms, Parasites, Less appetite, Abdominal pain, Bloating and skin rashes.
Alkaloid, christembine, Embelin (2,5-dihydroxy-3-undecyl-1,4-benzoquinone), fatty ingredients, a resinoid, tannins and minute quantities of a volatile oil.
Common & Uncommon Names
- Family Name: Myrsinaceae
- Botanical Name: Embelia ribes/Indica
- English Name: False Pepper, False Black Pepper
- Hindi Name: Baberang, Vaividang
Other Uncommon Names
False Black Pepper, White-flowered Embelia, Janntughna, Kapala, Chitra Tandula, Krimighna, Vella, Kr Mihara, Krmiripu, Vayavidanga, Bhabhiranga, Baberang, Vayuvilanga, Vizhalari, Vayu Vidangam, Vayu Vidangalu, Vidanga, Viranga, Chitratandoola, Visuvalingam, Vizhal, Vrischikasana, Bayabidanga, Vayabidang
- Rasa (Taste): Pungent, Astringent
- Guna (Quality):Light, Dry, Sharp
- Virya (Potency): Warm
- Vipaka (Post Digestive Effect):Pungent
- Unique Property: Helps in expelling out the intestinal worms and parasites
Up to 5000 feet height specially Meghalaya and North East part of India.
Directions for Use
Take 5 Gms (half to one teaspoon) 2 times a day Vidanga Powder with water or with buttermilk 1-2 hrs after meals, preferably empty stomach. It is better to drink some sugar/rock sugar/sugar candy 15-20 minutes before taking Vidanga proportionately or consult your healthcare provider.
Use of Vidanga Powder
- For Intestinal Worms: “Vidanga Powder” along with “Neem Powder” 1 tsp at empty stomach can be given. With the usage of this powder the worms come out.
- Support healthy teeth: Make the decoction of Vidanga Powder and use it as gargles.
- For Skin support: Mix “Vidanga Powder”, “Neem Powder” & “Manjistha Powder”. Make a paste of this and apply on the skin
- Pregnant/Lactating women, children or any with Known pre-existing condition should take under the advice of a healthcare provider. Keep away from the reach of children.
- Nutritional diet
- Lukewarm water
- Amla powder
- Neem powder
- Peaceful mind
Foods to Favor
- Light diet consisting of rice and green gram soup should be taken .
- Drink a lot of water.
- Curd and buttermilk
- Vegetables and fruits containing fibers, i.e. leafy vegetables, beans, etc should be taken.
- Persons using this product should systematize their food habits.
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner should be taken at proper times.
- It is beneficial to drink plenty of liquids, milk and spongy food (salad etc.)
Foods to Avoid
- Avoid fried and heavy meals, non-vegetarian diet, seafood, potato, bakery products, cheese, etc. Alcohol, chocolates, noodles, pastries, meat products and acidic – sour foods should be restricted.
- Heavy foods, which are hard to digest like fried food, egg, too much meat/seafood (in Ayurveda sea meat products are also considered meat products because they are heavy in proteins and create extra burden on the digestive system to digest).
- Alcoholic products, coffee pitta (fire) should be restricted.
- Drink lukewarm water.
- Eat a fibrous diet or fruits.
- Exercise regularly
- Take Neem powder at night with lukewarm water.
- Avoid suppression of natural urges.
- Avoid a sedentary lifestyle.
- Avoid junk food in your diet.
- Avoid caffeine or alcohol consumption.
- Shusrut sutrasthan 45
- Charak sutrasthan 25
- Susrut chikitsastan 27
- Chopra, R. N., Nayar, S. L. and Chopra, I. C., Glossary of Indian Medicinal Plants, CSIR, New Delhi, 1956, vol. 10. 26.
- Guhabakshi, D. N., Sensarma, P. and Pal, D. C., A Lexicon Medicinal Plants of India, Naya Prakashan, 2001, pp. 135–136.
Reference Classical or Govt. Approved Books
This herb has been approved by the Department of Ayush/ Government of India after the proper screening of scientific evidence as well as classical reference by the GOVT REGULATORY BOARD COMMITTEE.
GMP and USDA Certified Organic Manufacturing Facility: Laboratory tested for quality purity and heavy metal standards.
**These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any Disease.