Other Benefits as per Ayurveda
- Vidari Kanda (Ipomoea Digitata) is helpful and supportive for both the mind and the body.
- Vidari Kanda Powder is helpful for the body and supports its immunity.
- It acts as Rasayana and helps to maintain a healthy aging process.
- It is useful in the respiratory system.
- The powder of Vidari Kanda is useful for the overall health of the body.
- Sexual weakness
- General debility
- Less desire of sex.
- Decreased lactation
Carbohydrates, steroids, alkaloids, anthraquinone, saponin,and coumarin glycosides, β-sitosterol, stigmasterol, daidzein, puerarin, Tuberostan, Puerarostan,Puerarone.
Common & Uncommon Names
- Botanical Name: Pueraria Tuberosa
- English Name: Alligator Yam, Giant Potato, Milky Yam
- Hindi Name: Vidari
Other Uncommon Names
Vidari-Kanda, Bilai-Kand, Palmudukan Kizhangu, Bhumikusmanda, Balaikand, Kattukurangu, and Karukachal.
- Rasa (Taste): Sweet
- Guna (Quality):Heavy, Sticky
- Virya (Potency): Cooling
- Vipaka (Post Digestive Effect):Sweet
Found in dry deciduous to moist deciduous forests (Maharashtra: Ahmednagar, Dhule, Kolhapur, Nasik, Pune, Ratnagiri, Thane Karnataka: Chikmagalur, Coorg, Mysore, N. Kanara, Shimoga Kerala: Alappuzha, Kannur, Palakkad, Thrissur Tamil Nadu: Coimbatore, Namakkal, Nilgiri, Tiruvannamalai).
Directions for Use
Take 1 teaspoon (5 gms)of Vidari Kanda Powder regularly to support fairness and produce glow to your skin.
Regular intake of it moistens the skin and keeps away dryness of skin.
- Pregnant/Lactating women, children or any with Known pre-existing condition should take under the advice of a healthcare provider. Keep away from the reach of children.
Best Use With
- For general weakness – Take Vidari Kanda Powder in the dosage of 5 gm daily with one glass of hot milk.
- Nutritional diet
- Restful sleep
- Peaceful mind
Foods to Favor
- Fresh fruits and vegetables
- Green grams
- Yellow lentils
- Green lentils
- Cashew nut
- Whole grains
- Coconut water
Foods to Avoid
- Beans other than moong like chana
- Excess oil
- Non vegetarian food
- Junk food
- Eat fresh fruits and vegetables.
- Drink plenty of water.
- Take cow’s milk at night.
- Avoid unnecessary stress, anger and fear.
- Avoid alcohol consumption and smoking.
- Susrut Sutrasthana 46
- Susrut Chiktsastan 26
- Ayurvedic Pharmacopoeia of India
- Phytochemical screening and the evaluation properties of the plant ipomoea mauritiana (family convolvulaceae), monjar et al, international research journal of pharmacy.
Reference Classical or Govt. Approved Books
This herb has been approved by the Department of Ayush/ Government of India after the proper screening of scientific evidence as well as classical reference by the GOVT REGULATORY BOARD COMMITTEE.
GMP and USDA Certified Organic Manufacturing Facility: Laboratory tested for quality purity and heavy metal standards.
**These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any Disease.