Other Benefits as per Ayurveda
- Cooling effect is helpful in reducing high pitta (fire) in the digestive system.
- It is also useful in old age people as it soothes the systemic dryness which is part of the natural aging process.
- It also helps to calm down irritability, anger.
- Decreased lactation
- Imbalanced female hormones
- Low sperm count
As Per Ayurveda
Both white and yellow shatavari have the same but some different properties. Combination of both provides the full spectrum of this herb. While yellow is four times more expensive but it has more oil in its natural form.
As per Ancient classical literature of Ayurveda Yellow shatavari acts as galactogogue .White Shatavari is a versatile female tonic.Literary meaning of Shatavari is “who possesses a hundred husbands or acceptable to many”.
High quality powder of ayurvedic herb from its natural habitat. Free from gluten, soya, dairy, binder, preservatives or artificial colors
Steroidal saponins, glycosides, alkaloids, polysaccharides, mucilage, racemosol and isoflavones
Common & Uncommon Names
- Family: Liliaceae
- Botanical Name: Asparagus Racemosus
- English Name: Indian Asparagus
- Hindi Name: Shatavari
Other Uncommon Names
Shatawari, Satamuli, Asparagus, Wild Asparagus, Asparagus root. Mahashatavari, Satavar, Satmuli, Kilavari, Satavali, Shatmuli, Satavari, Satawar, Shimai-shadavari, Ammaikodi, Kilwari, Challagadda, Pilligadalu, Majjige-gadde, Aheru balli, Saatawari, Ekalakanto, Shatawarmul, Shatavari, Satamuli.
- Rasa (Taste): Sweet, Bitter
- Virya (Potency): Cold
- Vipaka (Post Digestive Effect): Sweet
Himalayan region up to 4000 feet height
Directions for Use
Take 5 gms (half to one teaspoon) 2 times a day Shatavari Powder with fresh water or milk 1-2 hrs after meals. Take first dose after breakfast. If you are mixing with other herbs, use Shatavari proportionately or consult your healthcare provider.
- Pregnant/Lactating women, children or any with Known pre-existing condition should take under the advice of a healthcare provider. Keep away from the reach of children.
Best Use With
- For menopausal women it is good when taken with saffron milk. Give a combination of Shatavari Powder Ashwagandha Powder, Brahmi Powder in a dosage of one teaspoon twice a day with one glass of milk.
- In premenstrual, take Shatavari Powder in a dosage of 2 tsp twice a day with hot milk (one cup).
- Paste of Shatavari Powder may provide a soothing effect on burning sensation due to its cooling effect.
- Use Shatavari Powder in a dosage of 10 gm twice a day with milk (one cup) in general weakness.
- It is used both externally and internally
- Natural nutritional diet
- Restful sleep
- Ashwagandha powder
Foods to Favor
- Fresh vegetables [Broccoli, beans, spinach, black grams]
- Fruits [figs, dates, peaches, plums]
- Salmon fish
- Brown rice
- Soup egg
Foods to Avoid
- Fried and fatty food
- Packed food
- Canned food
- Junk food
- Spicy or acidic food
- Cold drinks
- White bread
- Drink enough water.
- Eat fresh fruits and vegetables.
- Maintain hygienic conditions.
- Take Triphala powder to maintain morning regularity.
- Avoid meat, coffee, tea, alcohol and smoking.
- Avoid heavy work, stress, and anger.
- Do not take excessive salty or acidic food.
- Dravyaguna Vigana
- Ayurvedic Pharmacopia of India
- Bhavaprakash Nighantu
- A Brief review of medicinal properties of Asparagus racemosus (Shatawari) Int. J. Pure App. Biosci. 1 (2): 48-52 (2013)
- Goel RK. Prabha T. Kumar MM. Dorababu M. Prakash. Singh G. Asparagus racemosus Willd. root, a herbal medicine. Indian Journal of Experimental Biology. 44(7): 570-3
- Natural Standard Herb and Supplement Guide: An Evidence-based Reference. Catherine Ulbright. ISBN: 978-0-323-07295-3. Pg. 73 (2010)
Reference Classical or Govt. Approved Books
This herb has been approved by department of Ayush/ Government of India after the proper screening of scientific evidences as well as classical reference by the GOVT REGULATORY BOARD COMMITTEE
GMP and USDA Certified Organic Manufacturing Facility: Laboratory tested for quality purity and heavy metal standards
**These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any Disease.