Other Benefits as per Ayurveda
- Support a healthy cycle.
- Supports comfortable sleep.
- Helps to extract extra Kapha (Water) from the body.
- Helps to maintain a healthy body temperature.
- Due to its warm potency it helps to support the heart, liver for their healthy functions.
As Per Ayurveda
Tagar Powder helps in reducing the generalized tiredness of the body. It helps in calming and relaxing the body. It also acts as support for comfortable sleep. It also helps to maintain a healthy body temperature.
High quality powder of ayurvedic herb from its natural habitat. Free from gluten, soya, dairy, binder, preservatives or artificial colors.
Valeric acid, valerenic acid, vale chlorine, valerine, limonene, choline, chatinine, valerianine, actinidine, tannins, resins and alkaloids.
Common & Uncommon Names
- Family Name: Valerianaceae
- Botanical Name: Valeriana Wallichii
- English Name: Indian Valerian
- Hindi Name: Tagar
Other Uncommon Names
Barhana, Chakra, Danda, Dandahasta, Dipana, Hasti, Jihma, Jimha, Kala, Kalanusaraka, Kalanusari, Kalanusarika, Kalanusariva, Kalanusarya, Khana, Kunchina, Kutil, Kutila, Laghusha, Mahoraga, Nahusa, Nahushakhya, Nandyavartha, Nata, Padika, Parthiva, Pindatagara, Shatha, Tagar, Tagara, Tagaram, Tagarapaduka, Vakra, Vinamra, Shatra, Bala-Tagra, Smak, Mushakbala, Mushk Bala, Mushk Bala, Swak, Farasiyun, Faristariun, Nitarbala, Mandibattal, Tagar-ganthoda.
- Rasa (Taste): Pungent, Bitter, and Astringent
- Guna (Characteristics): Light, Soothing
- Virya (Potency): Warm
- Vipaka (Post Digestive Effect): Pungent
It grows in the Northwest Himalayas in places like Astore (Northern Pakistan) and forests in the region
Directions for Use
Take 5 Gms (half to one teaspoon) 2 times a day Tagar Powder with water 1-2 hrs after meals. Take the first dose after breakfast.
Make thick paste with warm water and apply it on the required area of joints. If you are mixing with other herbs, use Tagar proportionately or consult your healthcare provider.
- Pregnant/Lactating women, children or any with Known pre-existing condition should take under the advice of a healthcare provider. Keep away from the reach of children.
- Nutritional diet
- Morning walk
- Ashwagandha powder
- Peaceful mind
Foods to Favor
- Fresh and light diet
- Green gram [lentils]
- Seasonal fresh fruits [ mango, apple, orange, kiwi, papaya]
- Seasonal vegetables
Foods to Avoid
- Heavy, fried and fatty food
- Late night dinner
- Junk food
- Soft drinks
- Bakery products
- Excessive tea
- Eat a protein rich diet.
- Keep a regular sleep schedule.
- Sleeping environment should be conducive for rest.
- Get a little sunlight at day time.
- Take dinner 3 hrs before sleeping time.
- Take a walk after dinner.
- Try to drink milk with Ashwagandha powder at night.
- Avoid smoking and alcohol consumption before bed time.
- Avoid tea, coffee and chocolates at night.
- Avoid unnecessary stress, anger and fear.
- Dravyaguna Vigana
- Ayurvedic Pharmacopia of India
- Bhavaprakash Nighantu
- Leathwood P D, Chauffeur D F, Heck E, Munoz-Box R. Aqueous extract of Valerian root (Valerianaofficinalis). Pharmacology Biochemistry and Behaviour, 1982; 17 (1): 65-71. 20.
- Leathwood P D,Chauffard F. Quantifying effects. J Psychiatry Research, 1983; 17 (2): 115-22.
Reference Classical or Govt. Approved Books
This herb has been approved by the Department of Ayush/ Government of India after the proper screening of scientific evidence as well as classical reference by the GOVT REGULATORY BOARD COMMITTEE.
GMP and USDA Certified Organic Manufacturing Facility: Laboratory tested for quality purity and heavy metal standards.
**These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any Disease.