Other Benefits as per Ayurveda
- It helps to maintain a healthy body temperature.
- Helps to improve our defense system against pollution, smoke etc.
- Act as a support for eyes.
- Supports cholesterol and BP.
- Helps to maintain regularity.
Ayurvedic Herbal Formulation
The micronized powder of the herb is potentiated with decoction (bhavna) of the same herb.
2X-Optimum Potency-Full Spectrum
- Sore Throat
- Mouth Ulcer
As per Ayurveda
It naturally supports the respiratory system. Also helps to maintain immunity. It also helps to maintain a healthy body temperature.
High quality powder of ayurvedic herb from its natural habitat. Free from gluten, soya, dairy, binder, preservatives or artificial colors.
It contains several triterpenoids including Belleric Acid, Britosterol and the Saponin Glycosides, Bellericoside and Bellericanin.
Common & Uncommon Names
- Botanical Name: Terminalia Bellerica
- English Name: Belliric Myrobalan
- Hindi Name: Bahera
Other Uncommon Names of This Herb
Bibitaki, Bahira, Bilhitak, Bahera, Vibhidhaka, Vibhitak, Vibhitaki, Aksha, Tanni, Thanrikkai, Terminalia Bellirica, Myrobalan, Belleric Myrobalan, Bahada, Baheda, Bahera, Bedda Nut, Bastard Myrobalan, Karshaphala, Kalidruma.
- Rasa (Taste): Astringent
- Guna (Characteristics): Light and Dry
- Virya (Potency): Warm (Hot)
- Vipaka (Post Digestive Effect): Sweet
Found throughout the greater parts of India.
Directions for Use
Take 5 gms (half to one teaspoon) 2times a day Amla Powder with water preferably empty stomach. If you are mixing with other herbs, use Amla Proportionately or consult your healthcare provider.
Our main preparations of Amla used as a main component are: “Chywanprasha”, Amalaki Powder, “Triphala Churna” and “Triphala Capsules“.
External Uses of Bibhitaki Powder
Paste of “Bibhitaki Powder” is also useful when applied on swollen and painful parts.
- Pregnant/Lactating women, children or any with Known pre-existing condition should take under the advice of a healthcare provider. Keep away from the reach of children.
Best Use With
- Combination of “Bibhitaki”, “Haritaki” and “Amla” is known as “Triphala” which act as rasayana.
- Combination of “Bibhitaki”, “Pippali” and “Black Pepper” is good for lungs and high kapha (water vitiation).
- Combination of “Bibhitaki”, “Haritaki” and “Ginger” supports respiratory system.
- Combination of “Gokshura“, “Coriander”, “Manjistha” with “Bibhitaki” supports urine health.
- Combination of “Bibhitaki” and “Brahmi” supports blissful sleep.
- Nutritional diet
- Morning walk
- Lukewarm water
- Amla powder
- Restful sleep
Foods to Favor
- Fresh fruits [papaya, blueberries, apple, peach, plum, grapes,apricot]
- Vegetables [carrots, peas, broccoli, sweet potato, pumpkin]
- Whole wheat pasta
- Brown rice
- Sesame seeds
- Flax seed oil
Foods to Avoid
- Excessive sugary products
- White bread
- Potato chips
- Pan cakes
- Ice cream
- Junk food
- Non-vegetarian food
- Excessive oily food
- Food rich in salt taste.
- Take a fibrous diet or fruits regularly.
- Take lukewarm water.
- Take proper sleep at night..
- Avoid excessive sugary products.
- Avoid dried food or snacks.
- Avoid suppression of natural urges.
- Avoid stress, anger or fear.
- Iqbal Ahmad, Zafar Mehmood, Faiz Mohammad. Screening of some Indian medicinal plants Journal of Ethnopharmacology. 1998, 2(2), 183-193.
- Indian Medicinal Plants -A compendium of 500 species Part 3 by Orient Longman Publications., 1997; 256-263.
Reference Classical or Govt. Approved Books
This herb has been approved by the Department of Ayush/ Government of India after the proper screening of scientific evidence as well as classical reference by the GOVT REGULATORY BOARD COMMITTEE.
GMP and USDA Certified Organic Manufacturing Facility: Laboratory tested for quality purity and heavy metal standards.
**These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any Disease.