Other Benefits as per Ayurveda
- It supports a healthy complexion.
It helps to neutralize the acid pitta (fire) dosha (humors) that is
formed in the stomach.
- Khas is also a support for healthy prostate gland in males.
- The paste of khas is also beneficial for the bad odor of sweat.
- Fever due to heat
- Redness or burning of eyes
- Excessive thirst
- Bleeding or hemorrhage
- Water or fluid imbalance due to heat
- Burning micturition.
As per Ayurveda
Khas or Khus grass in India is a perennial grass with thick fibrous
adventitious roots which are aromatic and highly valued. Vetiveria has been
known to India since ancient times.
Khas Powder helps to pacify the Pitta (Fire) in the body. It helps to
remove excessive heat from the body. It helps to calm the burning feeling
of the body. It helps to calm the mind and helps to provide strength to
nerves. It helps to balance the excessive feeling of thirst and dryness of
the mouth. It also helps in glowing skin.
High quality powder of ayurvedic herb from its natural habitat. Free from
gluten, soya, dairy, binder, preservatives or artificial colors.
Common & Uncommon Names
- Family Name: Poaceae
- Botanical Name: Vetiveria zizanioides
- English Name: Vetiver, Khas-Khas,Khus-Khus
- Hindi Name: Ushira, Reshira, Sugandhimula
- Rasa (Taste): Bitter, Sweet.
- Guna (Characteristics): Light, Dry
- Virya (Potency): Cool
- Vipaka (Post Digestive Effect): Pungent
Open dry places at elevations up to 1000 meters.
Directions for Use
The decoction of Khas Powder when taken with milk and sugar at
least once a day for about a week helps to get rid from the
unpleasant body odor caused due to extreme sweating.
Make a paste of Khas powder and Sandal Powder and apply over the
face. It helps in supporting healthy skin and complexion.
Mix crushed almonds, Khas Powder in equal quantity and rock sugar
according to taste. Mix all and store in an airtight bottle. Take
2-3 spoons twice a day for a healthy body.
Take 1 to 3 Gms (One-third to half teaspoon) 2 times a day Khas Powder with
water 1 – 2 hrs after meals. Take first dose after breakfast. In summer, it
can be used as a cold drink.
Make a medium paste of powder with warm water and apply on the body to keep
the body cool only for the peoples who has high pitta (fire) skin. It works
as a deodorant, if you are mixing with other herbs, use Khas
proportionately or consult your healthcare provider.
Pregnant/Lactating women, children or any with Known pre-existing
condition should take under the advice of a healthcare provider.
Keep away from the reach of children.
- Nutritional diet
- Morning walk
- Peaceful mind
- Positive thinking
Foods to Favor
- Light diet
- Green gram soup
- Bitter gourd
- Bottle gourd
- Green leafy vegetables
- Fresh fruits [Amla, Orange, Apple, Papaya, Grapes]
- Light moong dal
- Food rich in bitter and pungent taste
Foods to Avoid
- Fried food
- Lady finger
- Coco asia
- Esculent root
- Masoor Dal
- Ice creams
- Junk food
- Sweet food
- Excess salty or sour food
- Drink plenty of water.
- Maintain proper hygiene.
- Take Triphala powder or Amla daily to maintain morning regularity.
- Avoid long exposure to sun.
- Use of cosmetics should be limited.
- Avoid excess sea food or non vegetarian food.
- Bhavapraksha Nighantu
- Dhanwntri Nighantu
- Dravyaguna Vigana
- Ayurvedic Pharmacopoeia of India
- Tetrahedron Lett., 1982, 23, 4639.
Reference Classical or Govt. Approved Books
This herb has been approved by the Department of Ayush/ Government of India
after the proper screening of scientific evidence as well as classical
reference of each ingredient by the GOVT REGULATORY BOARD COMMITTEE.
GMP and USDA Certified Organic Manufacturing Facility: Laboratory tested
for quality purity and heavy metal standards.
**These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug
Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or
prevent any Disease.