Other Benefits as per Ayurveda
- Useful in formulation of many oils in Ayurveda i.e. Ashwagandha Shatavari Bala Oil & Kashir Bala Oil / Sirodhara Oil
- A very useful herb in panchkarma (ayurvedic system to purify the body)
Ayurvedic Herbal Formulation
The micronized powder of the herb is potentiated with decoction (bhavna) of the same herb.
2X-Optimum Potency-Full Spectrum
As per Ayurveda
Bala Means “strength” or “power” i.e. the herb that pacifies the destructive aggravated Vata(air) and increases the strength of the body.
High quality powder of ayurvedic herb from its natural habitat. Free from gluten, soya, dairy, binder, preservatives or artificial colors.
Pseudoephedrine, Sterculic, malvalic and coronaric acid, Fatty acids,Saponine, Betaphenethylamine, Hypaphorine, Ecdysterone, Indole alkaloids, Palmitic, stearic and β – sitosterol.
Common & Uncommon Names
- Family Name: Malvaceae
- Botanical Name: Sida Cordifolia
- English Name: Country Mallow
- Hindi Name: Bala
Other Uncommon Names of This Herb
Bariar, Batyalaka, Beejband, Bijband, Brela, Chikana, Chiribenda, Chitimutti, Hettuti-gida, Janglimethi, Kharenti, Khareti, Kisangi, Kungyi, Mayir-manikham, Muttuva, Paniyar-tutti, Simak, Tupkaria, Tutturabenda and Velluram.
- Rasa (Taste): Madhura (Sweet)
- Guna (Characteristics): Laghu (Light)
- Virya (Potency): Sheeta (Cool and Calm)
- Vipaka (Post Digestive Effect): Madhura (Sweet)
Throughout the tropical and subtropical plains all over India and Srilanka up to an altitude of 1050 m.
Directions for Use
Take 3 to 6 gms. Useful for making oils and paste.
Make paste of powder with water and apply it on the forehead in panchkarma- ayurvedic system to maintain prana(life) and vatta(air) dosha in a balanced state . Externally it is also used in oils for Shirodhara (one of the five actions of Panchkarma).
- Bhavaprakasha Nighantu
- Dravyaguna Vigana
- Ayurvedic Pharmacopoeia of India
- Agharkar S P. medicinal plants of Bombay presidency.Pbl.scientific publishers.Jodhpur.India 1991; 194-195. Annonyms.
- Compendium of Indian medicinal plants. :Vol 4. 1985 – 1989; 674-676.
- Annonyms. The Indian materia medica: With Ayurvedic, Unani and Home remedies. vol III ;1134-37
Reference Classical or Govt. Approved Books
This herb has been approved by the Department of Ayush/ Government of India after the proper screening of scientific evidence as well as classical reference by the GOVT REGULATORY BOARD COMMITTEE.
GMP and USDA Certified Organic Manufacturing Facility: Laboratory tested for quality purity and heavy metal standards.
**These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any Disease.