Other Benefits as per Ayurveda
- It is a liver and digestive support.
- Promotes for Stomach Health.
As per ayurveda
The Seed Powder of Jambul supports sugar health (due to the presence of glycoside, named Jamboline). The Jambul fruit contains natural acids which aid in the secretion of digestive enzymes. Thus, it may support the liver system and the digestive system. A high concentration of tannic and Gallic acid is present in an infusion of the tender leaves and therefore, may help to keep the digestion healthy. The fruit flesh of the Jambul may support the pulmonary system. The seeds may help to keep the spleen healthy. This herb may be beneficial for gums and teeth. It may help to boost the immune system – the defense mechanism of the body. The fruit may help to protect from environmental pathogens and weather changes.
Common & Uncommon Names
- Family Name: Myrtaceae
- Botanical Name: Eugenia Jambolana
- Hindi Name:
Other Uncommon Names
Black berry, Indian Black berry, Jambhul, Jambu, Jambula, Jamboola, Jambolan, Java Plum, Jamun, Jam, Kalojaam, Jamblang, Jambolan, Black Plum, Damson Plum, Duhat, Duhat Plum, Jambolan Plum, Portuguese Plum. Malabar Plum, Neredu Pandu, Naaval Pazham, Navva Pazham, Nerale Hannu, Jam, Jamukoli, Jambu, Lomboy, Inobog, Dhanwa, Dhuwet, Juwet, Jambhul Chabi, Sambal Virat, Kalijaam Bija, Koddanirlu Kalu, Nerale Hannu, Jambunu Bija, Jamukoli.
- Rasa (Taste): Astringent, Sweet, Sour.
- Guna (Characteristics): Light, Dry
- Virya (Potency): Cold
It is found all over India up to the height of 4000 feet.
Directions for Use
Take 5 Gms (half to one teaspoon) 2 times a day Jambul Powder with water 1 hrs after meals. Take the first dose after breakfast. If you are mixing with other herbs, use Jambul proportionately or consult your healthcare provider.
Usage of Jambul Powder
- Use ½ teaspoon of Jambul Powder daily as part of the diet sugar health
- Mix Jambul Powder, Bitter gourd Powder, Tulsi and Gurmar Powder in equal quantities and take regularly. as part of your diet plan to ease the taste of sweets intake
- Mix 1 teaspoon of Jambul Powder in honey. Take it 3-4 times a day. It helps to promote the singer’s voice.
- Powder of Jambul may support urinary health.
- For Watery stools with blood mix 20 gm of Jambul Powder in ½ cup of water. Drink twice a day for a few days.
- Jambul Powder is carminative, having a mild astringent effect.
- Pregnant/Lactating women, children or any with Known pre-existing condition should take under the advice of a healthcare provider. Keep away from the reach of children.
- Nutritional diet
- Morning walk
- Positive mind
- Ashwagandha powder
Foods to Favor
- Non fat dairy products
- Lean meat
- Methi (fenugreek)
- Black pepper
- Whole grains
- Green grams
- Pulses with husk
- Canola oil
- Flaxseed oil
Foods to Avoid
- Red meat
- White bread
- Whole milk
- Full fat dairy products
- White rice
- Fruit juices
- Soft drinks
- Excessive sweet products
- Candies or junk food
- Eat plenty of fruits and vegetables.
- Eat a diet with whole grains.
- Get regular exercise or physical activities.
- Limit the intake of alcohol and smoking.
- Avoid artificial sweeteners in cakes and pastries.
- Limit the food that is high in fat and sugar.
- Avoid unnecessary stress, anger and worries.
- Ayurvedic Pharmacopeia of India
- Dravyaguna Vigyan
- Adarsh Nighantu
- Sagrawat H, Mann AS, Kharya MD. Pharmacological potential of Eugenia jambolana: a review. Pharmacognosy Magazine 2006;2(6):96–105.
- Mutalik S, Chetena M, Sulochana B, Devi PU, Udupa N. Phytotherapy Research 2004;19(5):409–15.
Reference Classical or Govt. Approved Books
GMP and USDA Certified Organic Manufacturing Facility: Laboratory tested for quality purity and heavy metal standards.
**These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any Disease.