Other Benefits as per Ayurveda
- Mucuna Powder is helpful to maintain a healthy monthly cycle.
- It is useful to strengthen the muscles.
- It is used as a nervine tonic and support healthy nervous system
- It helps to maintain healthy immunity and energy levels.
- It is very helpful for bone health as it helps to increase bone density.
- It is also used to maintain beautiful skin.
- It helps to maintain a healthy aging process.
- It purifies blood and body.
- It helps to combat with daily life stress
- It supports the lactating mother.
- Mucuna promotes healthy sleep patterns.
Mucuna Serves as a tonic for the nervous system and aphrodisiac for
a healthy reproductive system.
- Parkinson’s disease
- Low sperm count and quality
- Neurological disorder
As Per Ayurveda
It has to be purified in the classical way mentioned in the ayurveda to
clean the impurities.Crushing and grinding of seeds without purification
are not recommended. Unpurified mucuna seeds give itching to the body. That
is why monkeys itch when they eat mucuna.Classical way of Ayurveda took
this concept of purification from nature.
Mucuna Powder Is one of the Powerful Rasayanas in Ayurveda. It nourishes
the entire body and serves as the nervine tonic and thus making it an
excellent support for Vata (air) Dosha (humor). It supports Testosterone
which helps in deposition of proteins in the muscles and maintains muscle
mass and strength. It also supports psychological alertness and improves
Alkaloids, Saponins, Sterols and L-dopa(approximately 2 to 4%). The major
and active contents of Mucuna Powder are L-Dopa and natural secretagogues.
Common & Uncommon Names
- Family Name: Fabaceae
- Botanical Name: Mucuna Pruriens
- English Name: Cow-Itch Plant,Cowhage
- Hindi Name: Kaunch Beeja
Other Uncommon Names
Cowage, Sea Bean, Kiwanch, Cowitch, Pois Mascate, Pois Velus, Itchy Bean,
Kramer, Chiporro, Picapica, Nescafe, Bengal Bean, Mauritius Bean, Cowhage,
Dolichos Pruriens, Feijao Macaco, Kapi Kacchu, Kapikachu, Kawach, Kawanch,
Kavach, Kiwach, Mucuna Hirsuta, Mucuna Pruriens, Mucuna Prurita, Pica-Pica,
- Rasa (Taste): Sweet, Bitter
- Virya (Potency): Hot
- Vipaka (Post Digestive Effect): Sweet
Hot region of India(Punjab,Madhya Pradesh,Gujarat,Karnataka etc)
Directions for Use
Take 5 Gms 2 times a day Mucuna Powder With lukewarm water 1-2 hours after
meals. Take the first dose after breakfast. If you are mixing with other
herbs, use Mucuna proportionately or consult your healthcare provider.
Pregnant/Lactating women, children or any with Known pre-existing
condition should take under the advice of a healthcare provider.
Keep away from the reach of children.
Best Use With
Take one teaspoon of Mucuna Powdertwice a day with honey in water discharge
at least for 15 days.
Other Usage of Mucuna Powder (Kapi Kachu) as per Ayurveda
Insect Bite: Make the paste of Mucuna Powder with water and apply
it on the affected area twice a day.
Massage: Make decoction of Mucuna Powder and mix it with 250 ml of
mustard oil for body massage.
- Healthy Throat: Mix Mucuna Powder (2 gm) in ginger juice and honey.
- The decoction of Mucuna Powder helps to purifies blood.
- Nutritional diet
- Morning walk
- Peaceful mind
Foods to Favor
- Fresh fruits [Orange, apple, kiwi, plums, dates, mango, fig, pear]
Vegetables [garlic, cabbage, cauliflower, spinach, beetroot,
mustard green, turnip, beans]
- Nuts [almonds, cashew nut, walnuts]
Foods to Avoid
- White rice
- White bread
- Junk food
- Cold or soft drinks
- Excessive sugary products
- Excess tea or coffee
- Sea food
- Excessive sour or bitter food
- Eat protein rich food.
- Drink a lot of water.
- Take Ashwagandha powder with this to neutralize the unhealthy effects of hectic life.
- Avoid smoking and alcohol consumption.
- Avoid unnecessary stress and tensions.
- Avoid the suppression of natural urges.
- Bhavprakesh Nighantu
- Ayurvedic Pharmacopoeia of India
A review on phytochemistry and pharmacological activity of parts of
mucuna pruriens used as an ayurvedic medicine, S.C. Verma et al,
world journal of pharmaceutical research volume 3, issue 5,
In vitro evaluation of Mucuna pruriens (L.) DC., Joy Ganem Longhi
et al, Brazilian Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences vol. 47, n. 3,
Reference Classical or Govt. Approved Books
This formula has been approved by the Department of Ayush/ Government of
India after the proper screening of scientific evidence as well as
classical reference of each ingredient by the GOVT REGULATORY BOARD
GMP and USDA Certified Organic Manufacturing Facility: Laboratory tested
for quality purity and heavy metal standards.
**These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug
Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or
prevent any Disease.