Common & Uncommon Names
- Family Name: Lamiaceae
- Botanical Name: Ocimum Sanctum
- English Name: Holy Basil
- Hindi Name: Tulsi
Other Uncommon Names:
Mai Arika, Babui Tulsi, Tulasa, Tulasi, Babri, Bahu Tulsi, Tirunapatchi, Sabza, Manjari, Krishna Tulsi, Trittavu, Tulshi and Thulsi.
- Rasa (Taste): Katu (sharp), Tikta (bitter)
- Virya (Potency): Ushna (hot)
As Per Ayurveda:
Tulsi (Ocimum Sanctum) Respiratory support.
Tulsi is also known as the Queen of the Herbs. Tulsi is also an important symbol in the Indian region and is worshiped in morning and evening.
- Krishna Tulsi– This variety is found in almost all regions of India
- Drudriha Tulsi– This variety is found mainly in Bengal, Nepal, Chatgaon and Maharastra
- Ram Tulsi– This variety of Tulsi is found in China, Brazil, Eastern Nepal, as well as in Bengal, Bihar, Chatgaon and the southern states of India.
- Babi Tulsi– This Tulsi is found in hot and temperate regions of India, from Punjab to Trivandrum. It is also found in Bengal, Bihar, etc.
- Tukashmiya tulsi – This Tulsi is found in western regions of India and in Persia
Indian Subcontinent and widespread plant throughout the Southeast Asian tropics.
High quality powder of ayurvedic herb from its natural habitat. Free from gluten, soya, dairy, binder, preservatives or artificial colors.
Directions for Use:
Serving Size: Take 3 Gms (One-third to half teaspoon) 2 times a day Tulsi Powder with water 1-2 hrs after meals. Take the first dose after breakfast. If you are mixing with other herbs, use Tulsi proportionately or consult your healthcare provider. Do not drink milk immediately after taking Tulsi alone.
Usage of Tulsi Powder:
- Make a paste of Tulsi Powder with Sandalwood Powder. Apply it on your forehead for a calm and comfortable feeling. It also provides coolness in general.
- A decoction of Tulsi Powder with honey and Ginger Powder is helpful in weather changes
- Mix Tulsi Powder and Mustard Oil well to make a paste. Then use it as toothpaste. It helps to maintain dental health.
- Do gargles with decoction of Tulsi Powder as it is helpful for throat and voice.
- Apply a paste of Tulsi Powder on your face and skin. Wash your face after a few minutes. It keeps your complexion beautiful
- Tulsi Powder is also considered as a tonic to retain youth and aging well.
- Regular intake of Tulsi Powder (one teaspoon with water) is helpful in balancing mind, nerves and emotions.
- Tulsi Powder is an excellent mouth freshener and keep your mouth fresh and healthy
Ayurvedic Lifestyle (Healthy Tips)
- Morning walk
- Nutritional diet
- Peaceful mind
- Restful sleep
Foods to Favor
- Light diet [khichri]
- Green and black grams
- Green leafy vegetables [cabbage, cauliflower, carrot, spinach, broccoli]
- Fresh fruits [apple, papaya, orange, pineapple, peach, plums]
- Yellow lentil [moong dal]
- Bitter gourd
- Cumin seeds
- Black pepper
- Mustard oil
Foods to Avoid
- Sweet potato
- Whole milk products
- Bakery products
- Chilled water
- Soft drinks
- Sea food
- Sweet bread
- Junk food
- Drink lukewarm water.
- Try to exercise regularly.
- Avoid stress and anxiety in daily activities.
- Avoid alcohol consumption and smoking.
- Avoid tobacco chewing.
- Avoid excessive sugary products or drinks.
- Pregnant/Lactating women, children or any with Known pre-existing condition should take under the advice of a healthcare provider. Keep away from the reach of children.
- Ayurvedic pharmacopoeia of India
- DravyaGuna Vigana
- Adarsha Nighantu
- Sharma P.C, et al, Database on medicinal plants used in Ayurveda, vol-14.
- Gupta A.K et al, Quality standard of Indian medicinal plants, vol-4th, published by Indian council of medicinal research New Delhi.
Reference Classical or Govt. Approved Books
This herb has been approved by the Department of Ayush/ Government of India after the proper screening of scientific evidence as well as classical reference by the GOVT REGULATORY BOARD COMMITTEE.
GMP and USDA Certified Organic Manufacturing Facility: Laboratory tested for quality purity and heavy metal standards.
**These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any Disease.