Common & Uncommon Names
- Family Name: Zingiberaceae
- Botanical Name: Curcuma Longa
- English Name: Turmeric
- Hindi Name: Haldi
Other Uncommon Names:
Jiang Huang, Haridra, Indian Saffron, Haridra, Pitika, Gouri, Deergha Ga, Nisha, Pita, Krimighna, Yotishpriya, Haldar, Haldi, Manjal, Arisen, Arsina, Jardchoba, Pasupu, Halood, Halodhi, Kunjit, Curcuma, Gelbwurz, Curcumin, Curcumine, Curcuminoid, Khamin.
- Rasa (Taste): Bitter, Pungent
- Guna (Quality):Dry, Light
- Virya (Potency): Warm
- Vipaka (Post Digestive Effect):Pungent
As Per Ayurveda:
Turmeric Powder helps in cleansing the blood and helps to provide a beautiful complexion. It also helps to neutralize the sweets effect. It also acts as a detoxifying herb.
Turmeric Rhizome has many varieties and many of them are having artificial colors where inner & outer looks are of the same color as is shown in many pictures but we use Turmeric which is of white creamish outer layer & inner layer is of deep yellow color. That one is authentic and has numerous herbal properties.
Full spectrum helps to neutralize side effects if any because if the particular part of the plant has any side effect then other part of the same plant has neutralizing effect also.
The plant is a native of southern Asia (probably India) and is cultivated extensively throughout the warmer parts of the world.
High quality powder of ayurvedic herb from its natural habitat. Free from gluten, soya, dairy, binder, preservatives or artificial colors.
Directions for Use:
Serving Size: Take 1 Gm (one-third teaspoon) 2 times a day Turmeric Powder with water or lukewarm water 1-2 hours after meals. Take First dose after Breakfast. Do not take with iced cold water. If you are mixing with other herbs, use Turmeric proportionately or consult your healthcare provider.
Usage of Turmeric Powder
- For Healthy Joints: Take “Turmeric Powder”, “Triphala” and “Guduchi” with hot milk daily for healthy movement of joints.
- For beautiful complexion: Drink decoction of “Turmeric Powder” twice a day and apply a paste of it on skin. Regular use helps to support healthy skin quickly.
- Face Pack:Use “Turmeric Powder” with “Rose Petals Powder” and honey as a face pack. A face pack can also be made by mixing “Sandal Powder”, “Turmeric Powder”, and “Manjistha Powder” for healthy and glowing skin.
- Support for soothing effect:Apply a paste of “Turmeric Powder” on cuts and burns .It gives soothing effect
Ayurvedic Lifestyle (Healthy Tips)
- Nutritional diet
- Morning walk
- Peaceful mind
Foods to Favor
- Fresh fruits [Orange, apple, kiwi, plums, dates, mango, fig, pear]
- Vegetables [garlic, cabbage, cauliflower, spinach, beetroot, mustard green, turnip, beans]
- Nuts [almonds, cashew nut, walnuts]
Foods to Avoid
- White rice
- White bread
- Junk food
- Cold or soft drinks
- Excessive sugary products
- Excess tea or coffee
- Sea food
- Excessive sour or bitter food
- Eat protein rich food.
- Drink a lot of water.
- Avoid smoking and alcohol consumption.
- Avoid unnecessary stress and tensions.
- Avoid the suppression of natural urges.
- Pregnant/Lactating women, children or any with Known pre-existing condition should take under the advice of a healthcare provider. Keep away from the reach of children.
- Bhavprakesh Nighantu
- Ayurvedic Pharmacopoeia of India
- Iyengar, M.A et. al., Indian Drugs, 1994, v., 31(11), 528-531.
- Rafatullah, S. et. al., J. Ethnopharmacol., 1990, v., 29(1), 25-34.
- Tank, R. et. al., Indian Drugs, 1990, v., 27(11), 587-589.
- Choudhury & Haq, Bull Med-Ethno-Bot Res, 1980, 1, 408; Garg et. al., Indian J Exp Biol, 1978, 16, 1077; Garg, Planta Med, 1974, 26, 225; Curr Res Med Arom Pl, 1983, 5, 83-01-549.
- Srinivas,C. and Prabhakaran,K.V.S., Ancient Science of Life, 1989, v., 8(3 & 4), 279-283.
- Jain, J.P. et. al., J. Res. Ayur. and Siddha, 1990, v., 11(1-4), 20-30.
Reference Classical or Govt. Approved Books
This herb has been approved by the Department of Ayush/ Government of India after the proper screening of scientific evidence as well as classical reference by the GOVT REGULATORY BOARD COMMITTEE.
GMP and USDA Certified Organic Manufacturing Facility: Laboratory tested for quality purity and heavy metal standards.
**These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any Disease.