Other Benefits as per Ayurveda
- Support for the nervous system also.
- It helps to maintain muscle energy level due to the presence of saponins in it.
- It also helps to maintain the healthy heart.
- Urinary Tract Infection
- Renal Calculi
As per ayurveda
It supports a healthy urinary system. It contains saponins and flavonoid. It helps to balance the Vata (Air) and so helps in calming the mind. It helps in blood purification. It helps to move Apana vayu (flatulence) downwards.
High quality powder of ayurvedic herb from its natural habitat. Free from gluten, soya, dairy, binder, preservatives or artificial colors.
Saponins,phytosteroids, flavonoids, alkaloids and glycosides
Common & Uncommon Names
- Family Name: Zygophyllaceae
- Botanical Name: Tribulus Terrestris
- English Name: Land Caltrops,Puncture Vine
- Hindi Name: Gokhru
Other Uncommon Names of This Herb
Gokshura,chota gikshur, Trikantaka, Shvadamstra, Calthrops, Nerunji, Land Caltrops, Puncture Vine, Small Caltrops. yellow vine, goathead, abrojo de tierra caliente (Spanish), gokshura (Sanskrit), ci ji li (Chinese), Burzeldorn (German), croix-de-malte (French).
- Rasa (Taste): Sweet
- Guna (Characteristics): Heavy, Unctuous
- Virya (Potency): Cooling
- Vipaka (Post Digestive Effect): Sweet
Warm places like Punjab, Madhya Pradesh, Rajasthan Etc.
Directions for Use
Take 5 Gms (half to one teaspoon) 2 times a day Gokshura Powder with water 1-2 hrs after meals. Take the first dose after breakfast. If you are mixing with other herbs, use Gokshura proportionately or consult your healthcare provider.
This powder is potentiated while mixing with the decoction (Bhavna process)/juice of the same herb.
- Decoction of Sunthi (Ginger Powder) and Gokshura Powder supports healthy joints.
- For a healthy urinary system, consume milk boiled with Gokshura Powder.
- Powder of Gokshura boiled with water may be taken in case of a healthy prostate.
- Pregnant/Lactating women, children or any with Known pre-existing condition should take under the advice of a healthcare provider. Keep away from the reach of children.
Best Use With
- Gokshura + “Punarnava” + “Guggal” + “Manjistha“. This combination of herbal powder is very useful in the urinary tract. It also tonicates the kidneys and strengthens the lower back.
- Gokshura + “Ashwagandha” + “Mucuna” for healthy male reproductive organs.
- Gokshura + “Shatavari” + “Rose Petals Powder” + “Saffron” + “Mustha Powder”, support healthy female reproductive organs.
- Gokshura + “Brahmi” + “Gotu Kola” + “Jatamansi“, Mix the herbal powder of all and take it with milk to support the nervous system.
- Gokshura + “Neem” + “Manjistha” + “Gotu Kola Powder“, all these herbs support a healthy & beautiful complexion.
- Gokshura + “Guduchi” + “Amla“, It is a general tonic formula for immunity.
- Natural nutritional diet
- Proper rest
- Morning walk
- Peaceful mind
Foods to Favor
- Low salt diet
- Plenty of water
- Coconut water
- Egg yolk
- Citrus fruits like [orange, amla, grapes, kiwi]
- Vegetables like [cabbage, cauliflower, parmal, tofu]
Foods to Avoid
- Drinks rich in sugar
- Soft drinks
- Red meat
- Spicy food
- Dairy product
- Acidic food or canned/ junk food
- Drink plenty of water.
- Eat fruits rich in Vitamin C. Amla contains 20 times more vitamin C than an orange.
- Live a life with positive thinking.
- Follow proper hygienic conditions.
- Avoid suppression of natural urges.
- Avoid alcohol and smoking.
- Avoid excessive coitus.
- Avoid excessive stress, anger and grief.
- Bhavaprakasha Nighantu
- Dravyaguna Vigana
- Ayurvedic Pharmacopoeia of India
- Chopra RN. Indigenous Drugs of India. The art press, 20 British Indian street, Calcutta, 1933, 408
- Quattrocchi U. CRC world Dictionary of Plant Names. Vol. IV, CRC press, Boca Raton, London, New York, Washington, D. C., 2000, 2708.
Reference Classical or Govt. Approved Books
This herb has been approved by the Department of Ayush/ Government of India after the proper screening of scientific evidence as well as classical reference by the GOVT REGULATORY BOARD COMMITTEE.
GMP and USDA Certified Organic Manufacturing Facility: Laboratory tested for quality purity and heavy metal standards.
**These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any Disease.