Other Benefits as per Ayurveda
- Helps to support healthy body and reproductive organs.
- It works as Rasayana (Longevity enhancer) detoxifies and nourishes the various body channels.
- Punarnava Powder enhances the quality of dhatus (tissues) like nutrient plasma (Rasa dhatu), Blood (Rakta dhatu) Muscles (Mamsa dhatu) fat (Meda dhatu) Bone marrow & nerves (Majja dhatu) Reproductive fluids (Shukra dhatu).
- Punarnava is used to support comfortable movement of the joints for those with Kapha (water) constitutions and kapha dosha (humor) imbalances.
- It improves digestive fire (Deepani).
- Cardiac disease
- Liver problem,
- Loss of appetite
- Kidney problem
As Per Ayurveda
Punarnava is a combination of two words – “Punar” means again and “nava” means new. Therefore, the herb which rejuvenates and revives the body is called Punarnava.
According to Ayurveda, Punarnava brings new life to human beings by helping several health problems.
It supports Kidney and Liver Problems.
High quality powder of ayurvedic herb from its natural habitat. Free from gluten, soya, dairy, binder, preservatives or artificial colors.
Boerhavia Diffusa L. herb contains the beta-sitosterol, alpha-2-sitosterol, palmitic acid, arachidic acid, hentriacontane, Ursolic acid, hypoxanthine-9-arabinofuranoside, Punarnav Side, two retinoids- boeravinone A, B, C,D, E & F, two new retinoids- repenone & repenol, bothaville etc.Its main chemicals are Punarnav Side (antifibrinolytic glycoside), boeravinone A-E, lignans, flavones, sterols, boeravinone and hypoxanthine-9-L-arabinofuranoside .
Common & Uncommon Names
- Family Name: Nyctaginaceae
- Botanical Name: Boerhavia Diffusa
- English Name: Spreading Hogweed
- Hindi Name: Punarnava
Other Uncommon Names
Bhauma, Kathilah, Kathilla, Kathillak, Kathillaka, Kathillakah, Katillah, Krishnakhya, Krura, Lohita, Mahavarsabhu, Mandalpatrika, Nava, Navyaswara, Nila, Nilapunarnava, Nilavarshabhu, Nilini, Pravrishayani, Pravrishenya, Punarbhava, Punarnava, Punarnavah, Raktakanda, Raktapatrika, Raktapunarnava, Raktapushpa, Raktapushpika, Raktavarshabhu, Sarini, Shilatika, Shodhani, Shonapatra, Shophaghni, Shothaghni, Shyma, Sinadika, Sindika, Sophaghni, Sophagni, Sothaghni, Sothagni, Tazutama, Vaishakhi, Varsabhu, Varsabu, Varshabhava, Varshabhu, Varshaketu, Visakha, Visakhah, Vishaghni, Vishakarpara, Vishakharpara, Vrsciva, Vrscivah, Vrusir, Beshakapore, Gadahpurna, Gadhaparna, Sant, Thikri, Ppunarnava, Santhi, Pundera, Purnava, Chinawari, Punarva, Gadhapurna, Sathi, Satha, Purnu, Spreading hog-weed, Punarnova, Gonajali, Kommegida, Sanadika, Adaka puttana gida, Belavadaka, Gaayi, Ganajali, Komme gida, Nadu murukana balli, Rakta punarnava, Talutama, Tamilama, Tavilama, Thazhuthama, Vosu, Ghetuli, Kharaparya, Pandharighentuti, Raktavasu, Vasu, Getulee, Rakthavasu, Kopra sagu, Mukkurattai, Mukaratte, Mukkarattai-kirai, Mukurattai, Mookirathai saranai, Caranai, Caranai ver, Mukkirattai, Mukkuranti, Atikamamidi, Attatamamidi, Ambati madu, Attukamaamidi, Yerra galijeru.
- Rasa (Taste): Bitter, Sweet
- Virya (Potency): Cooling
- Vipaka (Post Digestive Effect): Pungent
It occurs abundantly as a weed throughout India, up to an altitude of 2,000 m in the Himalayas.
Directions for Use
Take 5 Gms (half to one teaspoon) 2 times a day Punarnava Powder with water preferably empty stomach. If you are mixing with other herbs, use Punarnava proportionately or consult your healthcare provider.
Home Remedies of Punarnava Powder
- Make a paste of Punarnava Powder and apply as a kapha(water)imbalanced dosha
- 1-3 gm Punarnava Powder with a glass of milk once or twice a day acts as a good energy tonic.
- Take 1 tsp Punarnava Powder and a pinch of Sunthi (Dry ginger powder) with milk in inflammatory conditions.
- Pregnant/Lactating women, children or any with Known pre-existing condition should take under the advice of a healthcare provider. Keep away from the reach of children.
- Morning walk
- Nutritional diet
- Restful sleep
- Positive thinking
Foods to Favor
- Low Salt Diet
- Green Vegetables (Bitter Gourd, Bottle Gourd, Ridge Gourd, Snake Gourd)
- Green Gram Soup
- Fenugreek Seed Powder
- Old Cereals of Barley
- Sali (Brownish Rice – A variety of good Rice)
- Sastika Rice (Matured in 60 days)
- Meat Soup (Soups of pigeon pea if available)
Foods to Avoid
- Avoid eating of pungent things (Black Gram, Lentil – Astringent but pungent after digestion), Hot food (Which is too warm to touch and also hot in potency), Heavy Food (Taken in too much quantity or which takes too much time to digest), Channel Blocking Food (Curd/Yogurt), Sour Things (Corn, Canned Food, Rice).
- Avoid high protein diet – Pulses, Black Gram, All Meats, Sea Foods, Acidic/Salty Food, Canned Food, Plain Egg, Curry, Egg-Curry, Fish-Curry, Alcohol/Wine, Plain/Fried Rice, Pickles, Cough productive products (Milk Products), Cold Drinks/Soft Drinks, Ice Cream
- Increase the consumption of fruits and vegetables.
- Drink plenty of water.
- Do any physical activities for at least 30 minutes.
- Avoid excessive and heavy exercise.
- Avoid suppression of urine, stool and semen.
- Avoid suppression of thirst, tears, vomiting, hiccup, flatus and hunger.
- Avoid excessive sun bath and coitus.
- Dhanwantri Nighantu
- Dravyaguna Vigana
- Ayurvedic Pharmacopoeia of India
- Chem Abstr, 1991, 114, 3388; Lami et. al., Chem Pharm Bull, 1990, 38, 1558; Lami et. al., ibid, 1991, 39, 1551, 1869.
- Jain & Khanna, Indian J Chem, 1989, 28B, 163; Ahmed & Chung-Ping Yu, Phytochemistry, 1992, 31, 4382.
- Chakraborti, K.K. and Handa, S.S, Indian Drugs, 1989, v., 27(3), 161-166.
Reference Classical or Govt. Approved Books
This herb has been approved by the Department of Ayush/ Government of India after the proper screening of scientific evidence as well as classical reference of each ingredient by the GOVT REGULATORY BOARD COMMITTEE.
GMP and USDA Certified Organic Manufacturing Facility: Laboratory tested for quality purity and heavy metal standards.
**These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.