Other Benefits as per Ayurveda
- Supports eye health.
- Safe to use as nutritional support.
- Liver and lungs tonic.
- Helps in removing the excess (pitta-fire) heat from the body.
- It helps in naturally cleansing the blood.
- Liver problems
- Hepatitis A
- Hepatitis B
- Hepatitis C
- Hepatitis D
- Hepatitis E
- Alcoholic Hepatitis
- Appetite Loss
- Poor Digestion
- Fatty Liver Disease
- Mild constipation
- Inflammation of gallbladder
- Protein-energy malnutrition
- Early cirrhosis
- Hepatotoxicity induced by chemicals, radiations, medicines or chemotherapy
As per ayurveda
According to Ayurveda (Science of life) If Pitta (Fire) gets accumulated in
the body then body & urine color gets changed to yellow. So by
balancing the high Pitta (Fire) it helps to get regular color to the body
and urine. Herbs with cooling properties help to pacify the high pitta
It helps to support healthy liver function. It also acts as a mild laxative
& also helps in naturally cleansing the blood.
High quality extract and powders of ayurvedic herb from its natural
habitat. Free from gluten, soya, dairy, binder, preservatives or artificial
High quality powder of ayurvedic herb from its natural habitat. Free from
gluten, soya, dairy, binder, preservatives or artificial colors.
Common & Uncommon Names
- Botanical Name: Picrorhiza Kurroa
- English Name: Picrorrhiza, Hellebore, Yellow gentian
- Hindi Name: Kutuki
Other Uncommon Names:
Kuru, Kadu, Garbage-Hindi, Khanekhaswael, Katu Rohini, Bal-kadu, Katuki,
Kadugu-rohini, Kali kutki, Katuka Rogani.
- Rasa (Taste): Bitter
- Guna (Characteristics): Dry, Light
- Virya (Potency): Cool
- Vipaka (Post Digestive Effect): Pungent
North-Western Himalayan region from Kashmir to Kumaun and Nepal and Garhwal
regions in India. It is found in Nepal, China, India, Pakistan and Bhutan.
Directions for Use
Take 2 to 4 Gms (One-third to half teaspoon) 2 times a day Kutki Powder
with water 1-2 hrs after meals. Take the first dose after breakfast. If you
are mixing with other herbs, use Kutki proportionately or consult your
Pregnant/Lactating women, children or any with Known pre-existing
condition should take under the advice of a healthcare provider.
Keep away from the reach of children.
Best Use With
For healthy Body Temperature: The decoction of Kutki Powder with
“Neem Powder” is useful to maintain normal body temperature.
For healthy liver functions: Take 1 tsp of Kutki powder with an
equal amount of Honey regularly.
- Nutritional diet
- Morning walk
- Peaceful mind
- Restful sleep
Foods to Favor
- Fresh fruits [pomegranate, kiwi, grapes, papaya, pineapple]
- Green vegetables [cabbage, bottle gourd, beetroot, garlic, green peas]
- Pomegranate juice
- Green tea
- Soup of black grams
- Soup of green grams
- Food rich in bitter taste
Foods to Avoid
- Fried heavy meal that take too much time for digestion
- Rajma [kidney beans]
- Sea food
- Excessive acidic food
- Salty food
- Bakery products
- Eat a high fibrous diet.
- Drink plenty of water.
- Choose organic food.
- Eat fresh leafy vegetables.
- Avoid excessive sugary drinks or products.
- Avoid unnecessary stress or worries.
- Avoid packed food that contains oils.
- Ayurvedic Pharmacopoeia of India
- DravyaGuna Vigana
- Dhanwantri Nighantu\
Atal CK, Sharma ML, Kaul A, Khajuria A. Immunomodulating agents of
plant origin. I: preliminary screening. J Ethnopharmacol
Subedi BP. Plant profile: Kutki (Picrorhiza scrophulariiflora).
Himalayan Bioresources 2000;4.
Weinges K, Kloss P, Henkels WD. Natural products from medicinal
plants. XVII. picroside-II, a new 6-vanilloylcatapol from
Picrorhiza kuroa Royle and Benth. Justus Liebigs Ann Chem
Reference Classical or Govt. Approved Books
GMP and USDA Certified Organic Manufacturing Facility: Laboratory tested
for quality purity and heavy metal standards.
**These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug
Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or
prevent any Disease.