Skip to content
Primary Benefits as Per Ayurveda
- Kutki Powder acts as a dietary support.
- Cooling herb in nature and Pacifies high pitta (fire).
- Supports the liver and spleen.
- Aids blood purification and provides healthy complextion.
- It is mild laxative in nature. Removes excess pitta (fire) from body.
Other Benefits as per Ayurveda
- Supports eye health.
- Safe to use as nutritional support.
- Liver and lungs tonic.
- Helps in removing the excess (pitta-fire) heat from body.
- It helps in naturally cleansing the blood.
- Ayurvedic Pharmacopoeia of India
- Dravya Guna Vigana
- Dhanwantri Nighantu
- Atal CK, Sharma ML, Kaul A, Khajuria A. Immunomodulating agents of plant origin. I: preliminary screening. J Ethnopharmacol 1986;18:133-141.
- Subedi BP. Plant profile: Kutki (Picrorhiza scrophulariiflora). Himalayan Bioresources 2000;4.
- Weinges K, Kloss P, Henkels WD. Natural products from medicinal plants. XVII. picroside-II, a new 6-vanilloylcatapol from Picrorhiza kuroa Royle and Benth. Justus Liebigs Ann Chem 1972;759:173-182.
Classical or Govt. Approved Books