Other Benefits as per Ayurveda
- Supports eye health.
- Safe to use as nutritional support.
- Liver and lungs tonic.
- Helps in removing the excess (pitta-fire) heat from the body.
- It helps in naturally cleansing the blood.
Ayurvedic Herbal Formulation
Full Spectrum Extract ratio (5:1) with extract 10% Bitters & 7% Kutkin
Extract is dried with the powder of the same herb (Reference: Dose standards as per Ayurvedic pharmacopeia).
- It is a traditional Ayurvedic herb which has been used in Ayurveda since time immemorial.
- Liver tonic and blood purifier.
- Mild laxative in nature.
- Helps to pacify Pitta (Fire) and Kapha (Water), Doshas (Humours).
- Due to bitter taste it helps to ease and promotes pancreatic health.
As per Ayurveda
Due to its bitter taste it helps to balance the Pitta (Fire) Dosha (Humour) in the body if present in excess or less amount so it also helps to maintain the normal colour of body. Due to excessive Pitta (Fire) in the body the colour of the body changes to yellow. This is not a normal condition of the body so by the elimination of excessive Pitta (Fire) it naturally helps to provide a normal & healthy colour to skin. It is also safe to use as nutritional support.
High quality extracts of ayurvedic herbs from their natural habitats.
All the herbs used in this product have a safe history of usage in Ayurveda since the time immemorial. They have very unique benefits with unique herbal properties.
Combined effects of all these herbs formulated in such a way that help to bring all three Doshas (Humors) Vata (air), Pitta (fire) and Kapha (water) in their natural balanced state.
D-Mannitol, Kutkiol, Kutkisterol, Apocyanin: phenol glucosides; androsim and picein iridoid glycosides; Kutkin, picroside I, II & III; Kutkoside, Minecoside, Picrorhizin, arvenin III etc.
Common & Uncommon Names
- Botanical Name: Picrorhiza Kurroa
- English Name: Picrorrhiza, Hellebore and Yellow gentian
- Common Name: Kutuki
- Part Used: Root
Other Uncommon Names of This Herb
Kuru, Kadu, Kharbaqe-Hindi,Khanekhaswael, Katu Rohini, Bal-kadu, Katuki, Kadugu-rohini, Kali kutki, Katuka Rogani.
- Rasa (Taste): Bitter
- Veerya (Potency): Cool
- Vipaka (Post Digestive Effect): Pungent
- Guna (Properties): Light and Dry
North-Western Himalayan region from Kashmir to Kumaun and Nepal and Garhwal regions in India. It is found in Nepal, China, India, Pakistan and Bhutan.
Directions for Use
Adult: Take 1 Vege Capsule, 2-3 times a day with water.
- Intake of incompatible food items and Liquids, Heavy Substances, New Cereals, Sour Food, Use of excessive cold and hot food.
- Children to use under the supervision of a health practitioner.
- Pregnant/Lactating women, children or anyone with known pre-existing condition should strictly take under the advice of a healthcare provider. Keep away from the reach of children.
Nutritional diet, Morning walk, Yoga, Peaceful mind, Restful sleep.
Foods to Favor
- Fresh fruits [pomegranate, kiwi, grapes, papaya, pineapple]
- Green vegetables [cabbage, bottle gourd, beetroot, garlic, green peas]
- Pomegranate juice
- Green tea
- Soup of green grams
- Food rich in bitter taste.
- Soup of black gram
- Yogurt (Curd)
Foods to Avoid
- Fried heavy meals that take too much time for digestion.
- Rajmah [kidney beans]
- Excessive acidic food
- Salty food
- Bakery products
- Eat a high fibrous diet.
- Drink plenty of water.
- Choose organic food.
- Eat fresh leafy vegetables.
- Avoid excessive sugary drinks or products.
- Avoid unnecessary stress or worries.
- Avoid packed food that contains oils.
- Ayurvedic Pharmacopoeia of India
- DravyaGuna Vigana
- Dhanwantri Nighantu
- Atal CK, Sharma ML, Kaul A, Khajuria A. Immunomodulating agents of plant origin. I: preliminary screening. J Ethnopharmacol 1986;18:133-141.
- Subedi BP. Plant profile: Kutki (Picrorhiza scrophulariiflora). Himalayan Bioresources 2000;4.
- Weinges K, Kloss P, Henkels WD. Natural products from medicinal plants. XVII. picroside-II, a new 6-vanilloylcatapol from Picrorhiza kuroa Royle and Benth. Justus Liebigs Ann Chem 1972;759:173-182.
Reference Classical or Govt. Approved Books
Color, Taste, Aroma of the product may change from batch to batch.
This formula has been approved by the Department of Ayush/Government of India after the proper screening of scientific evidence as well as classical reference of each ingredient by the GOVT REGULATORY BOARD COMMITTEE.
GMP and USDA Certified Organic Manufacturing Facility: Laboratory tested for quality purity and heavy metal standards.
**These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any Disease.