Common & Uncommon Names
- Family Name: Solanaceae
- Botanical Name: Solanum Indicum
- English Name: Indian Nightshade
- Hindi Name: Kantakari
Other Uncommon Names:
Kantkari, Dusparsha, Kshudra, Chudra, Kantakarika, Kshudravyagri, Nidigdhika, Vrahali, Choti kateli, Bhatkatiya, Rengni, Bhatkatai, Bhatkatya, Jangli-baigan, Katai, Rengni, Kandiyari, Yellow-berried nightshade, Kantamkattiri, Velvottuvalutina, Bhiringani, Kandan-kattiri, Kandangatri, Kantankathri, Kandangatari, Nela-mulaka, Vakudu.
- Rasa (Taste): Bitter, Pungent.
- Guna (Characteristics): Light
- Virya (Potency): Warm
- Vipaka (Post Digestive Effect): Pungent
Uttar Pradesh, Bihar,Uttaranchal,Punjab,West Bengal, Assam and other North Eastern States.
As per ayurveda:
High quality powder of ayurvedic herb from its natural habitat. Free from gluten, soya, dairy, binder, preservatives or artificial colors.
It supports the respiratory system. It soothes the throat and supports the singer’s voice. It supports the heart for proper blood circulation. The root of this is also helpful for healthy urination. Kantkari is warming and stimulating herb
Best Use With:
- For Maintaining the Normal Body Temperature: Take decoction of Kantakari Powder and “Gokshura”.
- For Healthy Function of Stomach: Take the decoction of Kantakari Powder with “Bala Powder”, “Punarnava Powder”, “Gokshura Powder”. Also add Hing and “Rock Salt” in it.
- Throat support: Take decoction of Kantakari and “Haritaki Powder” and Honey
- For Healthy Urination: Decoction of Kantakari with honey is effective in healthy urination.
- For supporting the singer’s voice: Make the decoction of Kantakari Powder and filter it. Use this as gargles.
- For Healthy Joints: Make the decoction of Kantakari Powder and add a pinch of Black Pepper Powder in it. Take this decoction, it helps in joints.
Directions for Use:
Serving Size: Take 5 Gms (One-third to half teaspoon) 2 times a day Kantakari Powder with water 1 – 2 hrs after meals. Take the first dose after breakfast. If you are mixing with other herbs, use Kantakari proportionately or consult your healthcare provider or consult your healthcare provider.
Decoction: Take 1-3 gms (1/3 – 1/2 teaspoon-one time dose) Kantakari Powder and add it to 100 ml water. Boil it on medium heat. When it becomes 25 ml, sieve it and drink it after meals. Take this 2 times a day.
Ayurvedic Lifestyle (Healthy Tips)
- Nutritional diet
- Morning walk
- Positive thinking
- Peaceful mind
- Restful sleep
Foods to Favor
- Lukewarm water
- Food rich in bitter and pungent taste
- Red bell pepper
- Sweet potato
- Brown rice
- Soup of black grams
Foods to Avoid
- Ice cream
- Junk food
- Citrus fruits
- Fried food
- Try to cover your mouth when you are going out to your home.
- Get regular exercise.
- Take lukewarm water.
- Warm bath should also be preferred.
- Try to eat fresh prepared food.
- Avoid using perfumes, deodorants and room fresheners.
- Avoid smoking and tobacco chewing.
- Avoid eating heavy meals and sour spices.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
- Sudden exposure to cold should also be avoided.
- Pregnant/Lactating women, children or any with Known pre-existing condition should take under the advice of a healthcare provider. Keep away from the reach of children.
- Bhavprakesh Nighantu
- Ayurvedic Pharmacopoeia of India
- Dabur R., Singh H., Chhillar A., Aliand M., & Sharma G., (2004), “Potential of Indian medicinal plants”. Fitoterapia, 75(3-4), 389-91.
- Aberoumandl A., & Deokule S., (2008), “Comparison of Phenolic Compounds of Some Edible Plants of Iran and India”.Pakistan Journal of Nutrition, 7 (4), 582-85.
Reference Classical or Govt. Approved Books
This herb has been approved by the Department of Ayush/ Government of India after the proper screening of scientific evidence as well as classical reference of each ingredient by the GOVT REGULATORY BOARD COMMITTEE.
GMP and USDA Certified Organic Manufacturing Facility: Laboratory tested for quality purity and heavy metal standards.
**These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any Disease.