Other Benefits as per Ayurveda
- Helps to maintain a healthy state of mind.
- Helps to extract extra Kapha (Water) from the body.
- Helps to support a healthy body.
- Helps to support digestive fire.
- Allergic condition, Stress, Irritable bowel syndrome, ADHD.
As Per Ayurveda
Vacha Powder helps to boost brain memory and acts as a brain tonic. It
helps to maintain a healthy state of mind.
Due to the sharp property of Vacha Powder (Acorus Calamus), it helps to
control the Rajas (passion) and Tamas (Ignorance) properties that are
unhealthy states of mind. It also helps to support the memory.
High quality powder of ayurvedic herb from its natural habitat. Free from
gluten, soya, dairy, binder, preservatives or artificial colors.
The important constituents of Indian calamus oil are asarone and its
ß-isomer. The dried rhizomes constitute the drug Calamus of commerce. The
rhizomes, roots and leaves yield a light brown to brownish yellow volatile
oil known as Calamus oil.
Common & Uncommon Names
- Botanical Name: Acorus Calamus
- English Name: Sweet Flag, Calamus, Sweet Root
- Hindi Name: Vacha, Sadgrantha, Ugragandha, Vayambur
- Rasa (Taste): Bitter, Pungent
- Guna (Quality):Light, Sharp
- Virya (Potency): Hot
- Vipaka (Post Digestive Effect):Pungent
- Unique Property: Acts as brain tonic
It is found growing wild and is also cultivated throughout India, ascending
to an altitude of 2,200m in the Himalayas.
Directions for Use
Take 3-5 Gms (half to one teaspoon) 2 times a day Vacha Powder with water
1-2 hrs after meals. Take the first dose after breakfast.
Make a thick paste of Vacha according to the requirement & apply it on
the required area. Best use to apply on the bones and joints.
Pregnant/Lactating women, children or any with Known pre-existing
condition should take under the advice of a healthcare provider.
Keep away from the reach of children.
- Nutritional diet
- Morning walk
- Peaceful mind
- Positive thinking
Foods to Favor
- Fresh fruits [Papaya, grapes, apple, pear, peach]
Vegetables [Bottle gourd, bitter gourd, lentils, black grams, green
grams, carrot, green peas, pumpkin]
- Yellow lentils
- Food rich in pungent taste
Foods to Avoid
- Heavy, fried, fatty food
- Excessive salty or spicy food
- Food that is hot in nature
- Cold drinks
- Junk food
- Ice creams
- Take regular exercise like Yoga (anulom vilom or pranayama)
- Use nasya dravya [nasal drops].
- Avoid suppression of natural urges.
- Avoid taking chilled water.
- Avoid excessive hard works.
- Bhavapraksha Nighantu
- Dhanwntri Nighantu
- Dravyaguna Vigana
- Ayurvedic Pharmacopeia of India
George RP, Yoshiaki K, Cherry LH (1986). 118. Isolation and
Structure of Bryostatin 9. J. Nat. Prod., 49 (4): 661-664.
Modhumita G (2006). Properties of Haem Peroxidase from Acorus
calamus. Ann. Bot. 2006, 98(6): 1145-1153.
Dandiya PC, Cullumbine H (1959). Studies on Acorus calamus (iii):
some pharmacological actions of the volatile oil. J. Pharmacol.
Exp. Ther., 125(4): 353-359.
Reference Classical or Govt. Approved Books
This herb has been approved by the Department of Ayush/ Government of India
after the proper screening of scientific evidence as well as classical
reference by the GOVT REGULATORY BOARD COMMITTEE.
GMP and USDA Certified Organic Manufacturing Facility: Laboratory tested
for quality purity and heavy metal standards.
**These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug
Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or
prevent any Disease.