Skip to content
Primary benefits as per Ayurveda
- Jatamansi Powder acts as a nervine tonic and supports brain health.
- Supports healthy nervous system.
- Improves complexion and aids in healthy and a glowing look.
- Maintains strength of the body.
- Jatamansi is said to be of therapeutic usefulness.
- The roots of the herb Jatamansi serve as excellent tonic in order to help to pacify all the three Doshas (Humors).
- Provides blissful sleep conditioning on the body dosha (humors).
- It is used in many Ayurvedic herbs due to its numerous herbal properties.
Other Benefits as per Ayurveda
- Helps in Spiritual Upliftment of mind and body.
- Helps to enhance Sattva (purity, harmony and balance) of mind.
- Helps to support in healthy female cycle.
- The paste of powder is beneficial in Irritability due to high pitta (fire).
- Supports pressure balance.
- Dravyaguna Vigana
- Bhavaprakash Nighantu
- Ayurvedic Pharmacopeia of India
- Chem. Abst. 1991, 114,58873, 03562; 1989, 110,191267; Yoshikawa et. al., Phytochemistry, 1992, 31, 237.
- Shanmugasundaram, Journal of Ethnopharmacology, V30 (3), 1990, pp.265-279. Rana, Fitoterapia, v.63 (1): p.60-62, 1992.
- Baskaran, K. et. al., J. of Ethnopharmacol., 1990, v., 30(3), 295-305.
- Liberti, L., Lawrence Review of Natural Products, August 1993, 1.
Classical or Govt. Approved Books