Other Benefits as per Ayurveda
- Helps in Spiritual Upliftment of mind and body.
- Helps to enhance Sattva (purity, harmony and balance) of mind.
- Helps in the female cycle.
- The paste of powder is beneficial in Irritability due to high pitta (fire).
- Supports pressure balance.
- Mood Swing
- High Blood Pressure
- General Debility
- Work stress
As per ayurveda
Jatamansi helps to keep the mind cool and healthy. It acts as a
It helps to promote blissful sleep.
health and strengthens the body.
High quality extract of ayurvedic herb from its natural habitat. Free from
gluten, soya, dairy, binder, preservatives or artificial colors.
Common & Uncommon Names
- Family Name: Valerianaceae
- Botanical Name: Nardostachys jatamansi
- English Name: Musk Root, Indian Spikenard,Indian Nard
- Hindi Name: Jatamansi, Bal-chad
Other Uncommon Names
Bhuutjata, Tapaswini, Hasva, Nasva, Spikenard, Achte Narde, Balacharea,
Belchir, Bhut-jatt, Bhytajata, Duk, Jaramanshi, Jata Mamshi, Jatamanchi,
Jatamasi, Jatamavshi, Jatamavashi, Jatamsi, Jeta-manchi, Kuki-lipot, Nard,
Nardin, Narde Indike, Nard Indien, Sumbula-theeb, Sunbuluttib, Tapaswini,
Sambul Lateef, Jatamansi, Bhuutjata, Tapasvani, Bal-chad, Hasva, Nasva.
- Rasa (Taste): Bitter, Astringent, Sweet.
- Guna (Characteristics): Light, Unctuous
- Virya (Potency): Cool, Calm
- Vipaka (Post Digestive Effect): Pungent
Extending to parts of northern and western India. These plants are found in
the Alpine Himalayas at altitudes of 3000-5000 meters, extending Kumaon to
Sikkim and Bhutan.
Directions for Use
Take 3 to 5 Gms (half to one teaspoon) 2 times a day Jatamansi Powder with
water 1 – 2 hrs after meals. Take the first dose after breakfast. If you
are mixing with other herbs, use Jatamansi Powder proportionately or
consult your healthcare provider or your practitioner.
Pregnant/Lactating women, children or any with Known pre-existing
condition should take under the advice of a healthcare provider.
Keep away from the reach of children.
For Healthy state of mind: Ayurveda recommends the use of several herbs for
this. Some people get so tensed due to any reason or may be due to extra
workload and so they should use mixture of four Ayurvedic Herbal Powders:
- Shatavari – 3 Gms
- Brahmi – 5 Gms
- Guduchi – 5 Gms
- Jatamansi – 3 Gms
Mix these Powders, add 1/2 cup of water to about 1/4 of mixture and
drink it 3 times a day. Apart from these breathing exercises,
Meditation, Physical activity in the morning can help a person calm
The paste prepared in cold water is beneficial to reduce high pitta
(fire) on the body due to its “Sheet” (cooling) property.
In excessive sweating Jatamansi Powder is very effective when used
- Nutritional diet
- Morning walk
- Ashwagandha powder
- Peaceful mind
Foods to Favor
- Fresh and light diet
- Green gram [lentils]
- Seasonal fresh fruits [ mango, apple, orange, kiwi, papaya]
- Seasonal vegetables
Foods to Avoid
- Heavy, fried and fatty food
- Late night dinner
- Junk food
- Soft drinks
- Bakery products
- Excessive tea
- Eat a protein rich diet.
- Keep a regular sleep schedule.
- Sleeping environment should be conducive for rest.
- Get a little sunlight at day time.
- Take dinner 3 hrs before sleeping time.
- Take a walk after dinner.
- Try to drink milk with Ashwagandha powder at night.
- Avoid smoking and alcohol consumption before bedtime.
- Avoid tea, coffee and chocolates at night.
- Avoid unnecessary stress, anger and fear.
- Dravyaguna Vigyan
- Ayurvedic Pharmacopia of India
- Bhavaprakash Nighantu
Chem. Abst. 1991, 114,58873, 03562; 1989, 110,191267; Yoshikawa et.
al., Phytochemistry, 1992, 31, 237.
Shanmugasundaram, Journal of Ethnopharmacology, V30 (3), 1990,
pp.265-279. Rana, Fitoterapia, v.63 (1): p.60-62, 1992.
Baskaran, K. et. al., J. of Ethnopharmacol., 1990, v., 30(3),
- Liberti, LLawrence Review of Natural Products, August 1993, 1.
Reference Classical or Govt. Approved Books
This herb has been approved by the Department of Ayush/ Government of India
after the proper screening of scientific evidence as well as classical
reference of each ingredient by the GOVT REGULATORY BOARD COMMITTEE.
GMP and USDA Certified Organic Manufacturing Facility: Laboratory tested
for quality purity and heavy metal standards.
**These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug
Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or
prevent any Disease.