Other Benefits as per Ayurveda
- Supports blissful sleep.
- Supports healthy pancreas.
- Epilepsy, Psychiatric disorders, Dementia, Loss of memory, less concentration of mind, Alzheimer’s disease and Insomnia [Loss of Sleep].
As Per Ayurveda
Shankhpushpi Powder helps to support a healthy brain and mind. It may help to support blood flow to the brain & also helps in calming the mind. It helps to provide comfortable sleep. It works as a nervous tonic.
Shankhpushpi is considered as Medhya Rasayana as it helps to support the memory.
High quality powder of ayurvedic herb from its natural habitat. Free from gluten, soya, dairy, binder, preservatives or artificial colors..
Various chemicals such as Glucose, Sucrose, Glycosides, Alkaloids and various Acids etc, are found in the plant.
Common & Uncommon Names
- Family Name: Convolvulaceae
- Botanical Name: Convolvulus Pluricaulis
- English Name: Bindweed
- Hindi Name: Shankhpushpi
Other Uncommon Names
Laghu Vishnukranta, Nilapushpi, Nila Sankhapuspi, Sankhapuspi, Shankhapushpi, Vaishnava, Vishnugandhi, Vishnukranta, Vishnukranti, Vishnukranta, Shankapushpi, Shyamakranta, Syamakranta, Visnukranta, Sankhpuspi, Phooli, Shankhavali, Sankhpushpi, Shnkhahuli, English Speedwheel, Sankhaholi, Barabhutra, Vishnukarandi, Visnukranti, Shankhapushpi, Krsnakranti, Vishnukranthi, Visnuklanti, Vistnu-clandi, Shankavall, Shankhavalli, Vishnukanta, Samkvel, Krishna-enkranti, Vishnu Kanthi, Visnukiranti, Vittunukkiranti, Vittunumuli, Aparaci, Paracitam, Visnukkiranti, Visnukrantamu, Vishnukrantha, Erra Vishnukaraantha.
- Rasa (Taste): Pungent, Astringent
- Guna (Characteristics): Heavy, Unstable, Oily, and Sticky
- Virya (Potency): Hot
- Vipaka (Post Digestive Effect): Sweet
All over India and Burma. Good variety from Chattisgarh, India
Directions for Use
Take 5 Gms (half to one teaspoon) 2 times a day Shankhpushpi Powder With water 1-2 hrs after meals. Take the first dose after breakfast.
Decoction: Boil 1-2 teaspoons Shankhapushpi with 100-200 ml milk or water for 2-4 minutes on medium heat. After cooling, drink it empty stomach. If you are mixing with other herbs, use Shankhpushpi Powder proportionately or consult your healthcare provider.
- Pregnant/Lactating women, children or any with Known pre-existing condition should take under the advice of a healthcare provider. Keep away from the reach of children.
Best Use With
- Take 2-4 gm of “Shankhpushpi Powder” with Milk. It helps to support a healthy brain in children.
- Take 3-6 gm of “Shankhpushpi Powder” early in the morning with Milk. It helps to support a healthy brain in adults.
- Take 2-4 gm of “Shankhpushpi Powder” with Honey and then take one glass of hot milk for six months. It helps in rejuvenating your body and also helpful in boosting your memory.
- Take 6 mg twice a day with water. It supports healthy pancreas.
- Make a cup of tea with one teaspoon of this herbal Powder. Drink this slowly so that you feel better and energetic with this.
- Nutritional diet
- Peaceful mind
- Restful sleep
Foods to Favor
- Seasonal fruits
- Fresh vegetables [Broccoli, spinach, celery, Beetroot, cauliflower]
- Salmon fish
- olive oil
- egg yolk
- coconut water
- dark chocolate
- Nuts [Almonds, walnuts]
- green tea
Foods to Avoid
- Fast food
- Excessive sour or salty food
- Dairy products
- Saturated fats
- Processed food
- Play brain games.
- Do meditation regularly.
- Try to master the new skills.
- Do exercise regularly like brisk walking.
- Fill the life with music.
- Avoid unnecessary stress or worries.
- Avoid excessive sugary products.
- Avoid unhealthy food like snacks.
- Dravyaguna Vigana
- Ayurvedic Pharmacopia of India
- Bhavaprakash Nighantu
- Royal PR, Singh KP. Shankhpushpi (Evolvulus alsinoides Linn.). A medicinal herb. Int J Mendel 2005; 22(3‐4):124‐125
- Shah VC, Bole PV. Further pharmacognostic studies on the herb Shankhpushpi. J Univers Bombay 1960; 29:154‐165.
Reference Classical or Govt. Approved Books
This herb has been approved by department of Ayush/ Government of India after the proper screening of scientific evidences as well as classical reference of each ingredient by the GOVT REGULATORY BOARD COMMITTEE
GMP and USDA Certified Organic Manufacturing Facility: Laboratory tested for quality purity and heavy metal standards
**These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any Disease.